Sign in to follow this  
prettybird

Why are the edges curling on stickers I print?

Hello, I had this problem before but someone said I should try a different vinyl but now I seem to be having the problem again.  I am printing on Oracal Orajet series 3165 vinyl using a Roland printer.  I am printing a sticker that is black all the way to the edge and then I contour cut it to cut it out in a rectangle.  I just noticed that the edges are curling now on some I printed about a week ago.  They didn't curl at first, but now they are.  Any suggestions on what to do?  Do you guys use transfer tape on stickers?  I was wondering if applying the transfer tape would help keep the edges from curling until it's applied to whatever it's going to stick to.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

I'm having the same issues with a Roland VP540...I usually just do the transfer tape...If it is lam, it won't curl...Rick

Thanks for the response.  We called the place today that we buy the vinyl from and they said to try turning up the heat a little more and keep a box fan blowing on it.  They thought it was probably a drying issue.  But I will just use transfer tape on it too for now.  Thanks!