Sign in to follow this  
BannerJohn

I have been tinkering

There is a guy on ebay who sells a application tape dispenser for $30 plus shipping which is just really a few bits of plastic,but I liked the look of it.

So, using only bits of scrap wood, an old broom handle, 4 end caps,and 2 cardboard tubes, I came up with my own version. TOtal cost $0 and believe it or not,it works great.

Just 3 pieces of wood, 4 holes, a few nails,etc and I was done. I was going to put a hacksaw blade across the front for tearing the tape but I couldn't find one here.

I just love making something out of nothing.

thanks! When I get around to going to Lowes, I'm gonna get some PVC pipe,end caps,etc and make a really nice looking one. Right now I have a C clamp holding it to the table but a few 'L' brackets on the edge that would slip over the edge of the table would be great.

Guest sciondrgn

Very Cool, Im actually moving this weekend but once I get all set up in the new place I will have a seperate room just for my cutter and computer and I want to look into making one myself and also some kind of Vinyl Roll holder to  ;)

Works great,

I had one like that but got tired of pulling the rod out and intalling different widths.

roller type

I like the lok of this one. I based mine on one I saw on abay for $30 that dodn't even include the rollers. However,when I place the tape as you have it,pulling from the top,the roll wants to come with it. With mine,the roll stays in place.Unless,of course,you pull the tape down under the forward roller when using.

The pont of mine was,I didn't have to spend money. I just used what I had lying about,most of which everyone should have.

But again,I like the look of this one.

Guest Terry

yes, the tape goes under the roll then drag it.

excellent! So,is that something you built,or is it a table-top stand for vinyl? I do like the look of it.

Guest Terry

I bought them both on ebay. But it is EASY to make one.

I like it,and I shall check into building one. I actually enjoy building my own. I prefer to spend my money on wine.women,and song.....well,song anyway.

Guest Terry

LOL ;)

Fast Food, Fast Cars & Fast Women. Maybe not in that order though.

lol you're not as old as I am. At my age, a nice nap would be on that list.

A device such as this is absolutely needed for one man operation of large graphics.  I have been using a "homade" one for many years.  It does not need to be very pretty, and can be very simple.  My tape just has a wooden closet pole inserted through, and it does not need to have any kind of other rollers, or drag rollers.  Make one as big as your machine is. You can still put smaller tape on it.  I do it all the time. :huh:

Mine isn't pretty but it didn't cost me a dime. Made it from stuff I would probably have thrown away.Until I moved here last year,I lived for 13 years in the country and it was 30 miles to anywhere. You learn to make do with what you have in a situation like that. Anyhow,my device works great for me.