Sign in to follow this  
blownss

Problems when cutting multiple copies

Hello

I have a Refine MH1351

SignCut X2

Windows XP Pro SP2

USB Connection

Whenever I try to cut multiple copies of something in SignCut, I run into some issues. Basically what happens is not all of the copies are cut the same. I usually have problems with cuts not being closed all the way or just the way it cuts a copy is just wrong. I'm cutting some 5" x 5" decals and want to do 25 of them at a time. Basically the futher away the  plotter get from the origin when its cutting, the worse the cuts are. On this last batch I just ran, all of the decals on the far column were cut incorrectly and are unusable. Of the 25, only 17 were cut properly.

Is this somethign with SignCut or what should I try to do to fix this?

Thanks,

Mike

I would check to make sure the carriage is sitting on its tracks properly first of all. Also check the feed rollers to make sure they do not have any play in them. There was an Alan wrench in your box of cables that is used to tighten the feed rollers if they become loose over time.

How do I check the carriage to make sure it is where its supposed to be?

I will check the feed rollers and make sure they are all tight.

I have also had problems cutting large things as well. Like I have tried cutting out rectangles a certain width about 30" long and a lot of the times when it goes to close the rectangle it usually "misses" the spot where it started the rectagle so I have to use a knife to finish what it started. It can get very frustrating. Is this the same issue?

It sounds similar to issues you might have with loose feed rollers or a carriage not seated properly. There are little white wheels behind the carriage that need to be stting ON the tracks and not in front of the tracks.

Ok, thanks, I will look at it a little later when I get back into my shop. I hope this takes care of it.

Mike