Sign in to follow this  
carolinatc

USB or not USB

I'm getting ready to hook up my new Copam 2500 with signcut 2x, should I use the USB or the 25 pin parallel port cable?

There is a 9 pin serial port cable male receptacle, but I did not receive a serial cable.

I'm a newbe, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

try the USB and see what happens. It can often be problematic. You should have gotten a serial cable with the cutter. Usually serial is just plug and play. Parallel should be OK too but you will need to chose the right port in the settings. I worked with one customer who couldn't get it to work with ANY method except Parallel.

try the USB and see what happens. It can often be problematic. You should have gotten a serial cable with the cutter. Usually serial is just plug and play. Parallel should be OK too but you will need to chose the right port in the settings. I worked with one customer who couldn't get it to work with ANY method except Parallel.

double checked, no 9 pin cable. when you say  choose the right setting, is that in my control panel or the signcut  software?

double checked, no 9 pin cable. when you say  choose the right setting, is that in my control panel or the signcut  software?

In the signcut software. UNder port...chose LPT1 for the parallel cable.

When I got my refine...the serial and LPT were one cable,just had both ends.

A lot of people have issues when they try to use the parallel cable. If John's advice does not get you going then switch to the usb, install the usb driver that I linked to below, check Ports (Com & LPT) section in the Device Manager of Windows to see what Com# was assigned to the device and then go into your cutting software and select that port there.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=32&nav=0,5