kctrader

Need some info on Pricing

I've got an opportunity to bid on some Tshirt equipment and inventory.  A fairly large screen printing company is going out of business.  I don't need the screen equipment, but they also have a 15" x 15" Geo Knight Press and a 15" x 15" Hix Basix Press.  Both are older models with manual timers. 

I've been doing vinyl for a few years, but never done Tshirts.  Are these older presses still worth pursuing?  What would be a decent price on them?

They also have several hundred new Tshirts.  I haven't seen any of them yet, so I don't know any details.  Any ideas on a ballpark price per unit on them? 

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Depending on how old they are and what condition they are, I'd probably guess they are worth around $150-$200 each.  Unless you can get the shirts super cheap for like $1 or less each, I wouldn't mess with them because guessing what your customers will want is a rough game.

Depending on how old they are, i would guess they are worth at least 2-300.  You could more than likely get that for them on ebay, unless they are really old.  I'd probably offer them 100 for the shirts and see what they said.

Find out what screen equipment is for sale and report back!  :lol:

New tees will cost you around $2.00 each, so I would offer them $.50 each for the whole lot of tees and see what they say.

if you get a great deal on the presses I may be willing to buy one off you if your interested I'm in bad need of a heat press on a shoestring budget.

New tees will cost you around $2.00 each, so I would offer them $.50 each for the whole lot of tees and see what they say.

I just figured out where you were located.  Man, I'd never get any work done if I lived that close to the Current River.  That is beautiful country. 

I just figured out where you were located.  Man, I'd never get any work done if I lived that close to the Current River.  That is beautiful country. 

Yeah, my kayak and I spend a little time on the river.  I tend to head south to the White River.  Its just south of Dora.

Find out what screen equipment is for sale and report back!

Turns out this was a rather large screen printing company that went out of business.

It was National Mills of Pittsburg, KS.  I heard they had 45-50 employees at one point. 

Most of what they sold was the smaller stuff plus office equiptment.    (I was able to pick up the Geo Knight press which turned out to be a 16 x 20 and about 500 blank name brand tshirts.)

They didn't offer any of the really big equipment at the sale.  Most had signs saying if you were interested to contact them.  So, if anybody is running a really large operation, you might look them up.  Some of what the didn't offer at the auction were very large Hix dryers, tons of screens, pallets of ink, automatic bagging equiptment, at least one 16 station screen printer and a bunch of stuff I had no clue what it was.  They also had a very large inventory of shirts roped off.  I would guess several thousand. 

Where do you get your shirts at if I may ask?

Thank you,

Christi