Sign in to follow this  
smithmotorsports99

Application Tape

I have what can be a rookie question here.  I was working with a large logo the other night that was larger than the 10.5" R-tape Aplitape #4075.  So what I did was just overlapped the tape.  Does anyone else do this?  When I went to apply it went great until I took the tape off and say a beed of small bubbles in a verticle line where that tape overlapped.  This was on a dry install.  Is it just best to use tape that is bigger than your work, so you don't have to overlap?  For the record I was using white Oracal 651.

Thanks for the help!

should work fine. make sure you apply a good amount of pressure, especially over the overlapped area and maybe even run the squeegee down the line with the edge of it

Usually you'll get those small bubbles on an overlap, but they should disappear in a day or two.

To be honest I haven't checked to see if the bubbles were gone after a day or two.  My last customer said everything looked great and took his car with no complaints what so ever.  Maybe I'm over "anal" about those bubbles.

I'll keep plugging away here.  Thanks for the help and support.

I think you lost me on this trick.  So if you have a 4" overlap of app. tape you then take regular tape at the seam or at the end of the overlap?  I have to be missing something.  This seems so simple, yet I'm not getting it.

That is exactly what I thought you trying to explain to me the first time.  I'll give it a shot and see where I come out at.  I appreciate the help a ton!

Guest round2racing

I use clear shipping tape for this too.