Sign in to follow this  
reelguitars

Quick question...

If you download an image from a site like brands of the world,  and import it into SignBlazer, will it cut properly?  I just did one for fun and it looks like the edges will be ragged.  I guess those images are just that...images, not vectors huh?  Ideas, comments, recommendations???  Thanks for your help.

if they say EPS files, they are vectors,,, some might need a little cleaning up, and may have layers,  which one was you downloading?  maybe I can look at it...

I went to brands of the world and just selected "Guitar Center" since I was familiar with that logo.  I think these are all just bmp or jpg images.  Thanks for looking at this for me.

no they are not, I use them all the time, the one you chose is an .ai file,,,,it will tell you which file it is, where it says download,,  this one says .ai       Can your signware import .ai files? You have to check your signware as to what different types it can import.   I brought it into my Flexistarter signware, and it is a good  cutting file. ...  just out of curiosity see if you can download and import this one,,,and see if it can be cut good... it is an .eps file

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/search/95834579/1432.html

You know...you don't have to be but so smart to do this...lol.  I was saving the jpg file, not downloading the vector.  I did what you said, and opened it with SignBlazer, and it worked perfectly.  Thanks for your help.  Let me ask one further question...when I see all the clip art that's available for download and a lot is in eps...just to simply view the clip art, is there a special program I need (preferably one that's simple).  Thanks again for your help.

Not sure I understand your question.. maybe explain better, I just use the program  for my digital camera,,import and open with it..

I have linked Infranview to .eps type files in Windows. When I click on a .eps file to open in the forum it will open the file in Infranview so I can see it. There are a coupld of plugins to load too but it works pretty slick.