Sign in to follow this  
jeremywilliams

Need some input. App Tape Not Sticking Please help

Jeremy

It might have to do with the kind of vinyl you are using. If I use cheap stuff then the Ap tape doesn't work as well, too, what kind of ap tape are you using and are you using ot for wet or dry application?

Dazzel

I agree we definitely need more details of what you are working on, to help you faster.

For me...when I got hot my hands sweat....then when I rest my hands on parts of the vinyl to weed it can make it not want to stick.

I now always quickly wash my hands before weeding.......seems to have helped to get some of that natual oil off your hands at least for me.

BGS Vinyl + Clear APP Tape == No STICK

Could be the same for other cheap vinyl. If I accidentally drop even medium adhesive app tape on a piece of Oracal, I have to be very careful pulling it off or it will peel up the vinyl. When I tried using BGS, I could Squeegee the app tape down hard as heck and then turn around and Rip it off like My wife's clothes on Saturday night, and it wouldn't peel a single thing off the sheet of an intricately cut decal. If you tried applying it, you had to fight to get it off the backer sheet, it wouldn't stick to the app tape.

Now this varied from roll to roll from BGS too. One roll wouldn't stick, the next would work fine. I just finally gave up. All I use now are Oracal and Gerber. No more problems.

Kevin

Kevin....EXACTLY what I was talking about...thanks for sharing the same opinion  :thumbsup:  BGS + Ap Tape = sucky

Dazzel

Awesome, Glad to join a forum with so much knowledge.You guys are great. I am a begginner. I really appreciate all your help guys.

I apologize for the short details it was early A.M.

I am using oracle vinyl and R Tape Conform Series Ap tape and some cheap stuff also but neither stick .Its driving me crazy.

Is there any thing you can put on the vinyl to help the ap tape?

Clean it with alcohol before you cut, maybe it has some kind of oil or something on it.

Also press REALLY hard when you are putting the tape on.....really hard...like just before you tear things hard...that should help.

I live on a dusty road so I KNOW my vinyl get dust on it so a good wipe down always helps before appling tape