Sign in to follow this  
Kwelp68

Can Somebody Give Me Step By Step Procedure For Wall Vinyl

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me.  :thumbsup: I just got my first wall vinyl order.  I set my lead time up where I could get the vinyl, cut it, and send it to the customer after they paid.  My question is that since this is my first, can somebody who has done this, give me a step by step direction of how they do wall vinyl.  I've done many t shirts, but not this yet.

I don't need to cut it in reverse, is this correct?

Do I cut it, weed it, then put the transfer tape over it and pull it from the backing?  If so, how do you package the finished cut? 

Please give me any advice on this procedure?  I know I need oracal 631 and transfer tape, but if someone could help me go through the motions after I receive it, I would be greatly appreciated.  :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me.  :thumbsup: = YW

I just got my first wall vinyl order. =YAY

I set my lead time up where I could get the vinyl, cut it, and send it to the customer after they paid.  = ok

My question is that since this is my first, can somebody who has done this, give me a step by step direction of how they do wall vinyl.  I've done many t shirts, but not this yet. = I will try

I don't need to cut it in reverse, is this correct? = Correct

Do I cut it, weed it, then put the transfer tape over it and pull it from the backing?  If so, how do you package the finished cut?  = Cut, Weed, Transfer tape over top, roll and place in box, ship. DONE

Please give me any advice on this procedure?  I know I need oracal 631 and transfer tape, but if someone could help me go through the motions after I receive it, I would be greatly appreciated.  :thumbsup:

Wow, that simple??  Man, thank you soo much for the info!  :thumbsup:  Do you ever include special instructions as to removing and placing on the wall? 

Do I cut it, weed it, then put the transfer tape over it and pull it from the backing?  If so, how do you package the finished cut?  = Cut, Weed, Transfer tape over top, roll and place in box, ship. DONE

Roll it - Make sure the graphics (vinyl) is on the outside of the roll. This will help eliminate the vinyl from bucking.

Can you all tell me if Oracal 631's largest width size is 24"?  That's the largest I see here on UScutter.  Also, I just got an order for a large wall graphic.  I will definitely need to tile cut it.  Since the vinyl is 24" wide, should I put 24" wide on the signblazer setup?  Do I want the cutter to cut all the way to the edge of the vinyl?  I'm a little confused about this.

Do I want the cutter to cut all the way to the edge of the vinyl?  I'm a little confused about this.

You won't be able to cut to the full 24" width. Think of it as margins, like on a printer.

Oracal 631 is available in 15 punched, 24, 30, 48 inch widths.

http://www.oracal.com/products/product.asp?seriesID=182&tabID=ts

I can't answer your question about sign blazer - I don't use it. You might want to post your question in the sign blazer section to get an informed reply.

Guest fivestar

If you are going to cut something bigger then 24" you have to have a bigger cutter.

Thanks Five Star.

Can anyone tell me who's using 631 what transfer tape they are using?  I heard there's problems using some transfer tapes with this vinyl.

I use high tack regular transfer tape and haven't had any problems, for customer installation you may want to order a medium tack, but then they may have problems with it pulling it off the tape instead of pulling it off the wall.

for my .02 I would say go high tack, and give detailed instructions on how to do it right.

Thanks a ton Zimmerman, you're always a great help.  :thumbsup:

I just got off the phone with uscutter and they told me that their transfer tape (uscutter transfer tape) works great with 631.  Can anyone confirm this?  They also told me it would be no problem to tile cut a large design into 3 sections on signblazer with the 24" wide roll.  See, with a 30" wide roll, it would only take two tiles.  This seems easier, but if it will work ok in three tiles, I'll go with the 24."  Can anyone confirm doing wall vinyl in tiles without an issue?

Thanks again everyone!

For what its worth......i would not tile anything you are going to be close to....wall vinyl is one of those things.  I just don't think it looks good close up and I doubt you would be happy with the results.

Guest round2racing

what is the decal?

If it's words, I would do the words separately and position them on the wall.

If it's something like, say a tree, the tiling shouldn't look too bad, because it will be hid the busy-ness of the tree.

If we knew what you are applying, it might help us visualize it better.

Of course, if you described it already, I apologize for being an idiot.......LOL

Oh, I haven't said yet.  Thanks for the input.  It is a tree.  You guessed it on the mark!  I really don't want to tile things, but it seems that a lot of people are doing it.  Now, I just want to make sure I get the right transfer tape.  Uscutter assured me that their brand of clear tape works great for wall vinyl, but I have heard that 631 can be finicky with certain tapes.  Anyone know about this.

Never tried the super duper uscutter brand, I just have used Rtape and Main tape.......both which work well in their high tack versions for me.

Oh, I haven't said yet.  Thanks for the input.  It is a tree.  You guessed it on the mark!  I really don't want to tile things, but it seems that a lot of people are doing it.  Now, I just want to make sure I get the right transfer tape.  Uscutter assured me that their brand of clear tape works great for wall vinyl, but I have heard that 631 can be finicky with certain tapes.  Anyone know about this.

I don't think it is the transfer tape but the wall the vinyl is going on.  I know that I have problems with the High Gloss painted walls that are for washability.  The vinyl doesn't like to adhere to the wall and therefore, most think the problem is the transfer tape.  I would go with a high or med tack tape.