SCRWDRVR

6 in 1 presses

I'm looking into getting a heat press for shirts and noticed I could get a 6 in 1 press since I'm a little limited on space. Anybody have one or have any recommendations ?

I bought a 6 in 1 from E-Bay before USCutter started selling them . I have not used it alot , but am glad I bought it . It is a 12" X 15" . I would like to get a bigger press , but for the money the 6 in 1 lets 1 find out if it is a fad or not .  :thumbsup:

I would recommend you get a 15x15 or larger.  If you can't swing the cost of a brand name new one, then there is nothing wrong with getting a good brand name used one.  I recommend Hix, Mighty, Stahls, Hotronix

I just got my 6 in 1 from US Cutter a few weeks back. I do like it a lot because for the price I can make several different products. The downfall is that it is only 12"X15". I found that most of my work is going to be shirts so I will be buying a 16"X20" press in the near future.

Dave

Thanks for the info,

I just got my 6 in 1 from US Cutter a few weeks back. I do like it a lot because for the price I can make several different products. The downfall is that it is only 12"X15". I found that most of my work is going to be shirts so I will be buying a 16"X20" press in the near future.

Dave

I take it the 12x15 isnt big enough?

It is if you just want to do simple transfers. I want to be able to lay the shirt on the press and have most of the shirt on the press.

Dave

too small , but better than nothing & how much you want to spend effects that . Like anything , if it is paying for itself , it does not matter what it costs ( as long as the market does not disappear ) , but if hobby type , the cheap 6 -1 is a great start .

Thanks guys, I think I'll put out the few extra bucks and go with the 6 in 1.  :angry:

I have had the 6 in 1 for about 4 months now. I like it for shirt Transfers, other than what several have said about the 12", But I have not had much call for anything larger than 12" high. But the flat platen for Shirts i love.

The Hat press on the other hand is not exactly up to what i would call a perfect solution. If you only plan on pressing soft fronted, 5 panel hats, like standard foam front baseball caps or may visors. It will probably suffice. If you want to do 6 panel structured faced hats that have some reinforcement in the cap then your not going to like the results. The platen for the hats is not designed for those type of caps. The Curvature of the hats does not match the platen and you can't stretch them enough to get a good press. It creases them very badly.  Also where the hat press sets on the base, it is only about 3" tall (most regular hat presses are 6" plus) and there is no provision to hold the back of the hat down, so you almost have to have a second pair of hands to do hats.

I will be investing in a dedicated hat press as soon as I get a couple more jobs done. The shirt press has bade me enough money to pay for itself and reinvest in some better equipment, so from that standpoint it's ok.

I still haven;t tried the plate presses or the mug press yet, so i can't comment on them.

Good Luck

Kevin

Thanks for the info, I take it then that the dedicated hat presses have no trouble with the 6 panel hats? That add the thinking now....

Most of the good ones appear to have 2 platens options that are sized for the different hats. I am hoping that's the ticket to my problem. I have not been able to locate a different platen for the 6-in-1 so It's basically worthless for the hats I want to do. I don't want flimsy little league style hats, I want structured long wearing hats. But I may one day get a jobt hat it works well for.

Kevin

ok thanks, I think I'll have to really think this out. Thanks a lot for the info  :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Do yourself a favor and order a good named brand heat press and hat press.  You won't be sorry if you plan on doing this for income.

I have both a 12"x15" 6-in-1 Press and a SunIE 16"x20".  I use the 20" a lot more because it's a clamshell with easier pressure adjustments and the other is a swing.  Another reason I use it more is that I have more room to work and it's a lot easier to line up everything.  I payed $450 for the 6-in-1 and $399 for the 20".  My 6 has a hat press but being a swing press it's pretty difficult to get your image set and then press at a decent pressure without moving the graphic.  I have some heat transfer tape that I use but I'm still thinking about getting a clamshell hat press if the demand for doing hats starts picking up.  Both presses seem to work well in my opinion but the ease of use and large work area have won me over on the SunIE (which is actually a SeikiTech I believe)

Thanks everyone, I think I'm just going to save up a little more cash and invest in separate presses. Thanks