Sign in to follow this  
Kwelp68

How do I do this??

In Sign blazer, I'm manually setting up my art on the rulers where I want it to cut.  But when I go to "Cutter" to start cutting, the artwork is automatically alligned at the bottom left.  How can I manually place my art where I want the cutter to cut without sign blazer automatically realigning it?

In the cutter window there is a check box that says "Fit to Origin". Uncheck that box and it will cut how it is laid out.

Guest round2racing

Left side, under the color selection box.

It's the first check box, right before "rotate across vinyl"

I think what thors is getting it, is there is a much easier way to get it to cut the vinyl where you want it then by what you are doing.  What you need to do is set the origin point on the cutter.....then when the software cuts from the origin point it starts wherever you have set the origin on the cutter, so you always want it to fit the graphic to the origin point.

For instance, on my refine all you do is load your vinyl, take your cutter offline, move the blade to where you want to set the origin point and hit "origin" on the control panel, which puts the machine online.  Then when you cut from sign blazer it will start from that exact point you set in the vinyl.

Hope that makes sense, if not let us know and I will try to explain it another way.

Whoa, thanks a ton all!  thank you soo much for showing me where the check box is located.  I can't believe I didn't see that! 

I didn't even think to start cutting by setting the origin point where I need it.  For some reason, I thought you had to point the cutter in the direction by lining it up on the screen.  Wow, this really helps out. Thanks again.  :lol::) :)

No problem glad to help......I can't imagine trying to use a small scrap by measuring or guessing how far over it is and trying to put your graphic there, could be fun I guess LOL. 

.........For instance, on my refine all you do is load your vinyl, take your cutter offline, move the blade to where you want to set the origin point and hit "origin" on the control panel, which puts the machine online. .........

Do you position the blade manually by hand or position it in the software somehow?

Hey Badger, you want to position the vinyl at the beginning of the cutter, then hold the reset key, so the cutter starts there.

you don't move the thing by hand by physically MOVING it with your arm, when you hit "offline" in the cutter then the 4 arrows on the keypad allow you to move the blade wherever you want it, then you hit origin and its online and ready to cut.

you don't move the thing by hand by physically MOVING it with your arm, when you hit "offline" in the cutter then the 4 arrows on the keypad allow you to move the blade wherever you want it, then you hit origin and its online and ready to cut.

I move mine by hand if the machine is turned off. It's faster. I will set my vinyl where I want it and move the carriage to where I want it then turn on my machine. Home position is set already when you power on the machine..

Not sure what machine you have, but when I turn my refine on it moves the carriage to the red button to establish its home position, so that wouldn't work with my machine.

I have the Creation PCut. No automation whatsoever. We have a linx where I work and I like the way it finds the start of the vinyl for you. I think I need to upgrade but what I have works. I would love to have one that does the contour cutting.

I have the Creation PCut. No automation whatsoever. We have a linx where I work and I like the way it finds the start of the vinyl for you. I think I need to upgrade but what I have works. I would love to have one that does the contour cutting.

I DROOL FOR GRAPHTECH  :lol: lol

Someday I will bite the bullet and get a Graphtec. For now its a Yugo.

Like you said. if they are not energized it's fine. As soon as you turn the machine on it re-sets home. We've go five Fanuc's controlling our Hein 3 axis routers. Are you a programmer?

nay!  I yam just a hobbiest! :lol:  I don't write code per se.. I let ACE Converter do it for me..

Our CAD system outputs APT and we run it through InterCIM post to get the gcode. I couldn't write code but I can read it and understand what it is doing.

Hey Badger, you want to position the vinyl at the beginning of the cutter, then hold the reset key, so the cutter starts there.

Thanks guys. That was a pretty stupid question. I was just being lazy as it was raining here and I didn't want to trek down to my cutter in the garage to work it out. Rain soon stopped, I went, I investigated, I came to the correct conclusion!