Sign in to follow this  
Kwelp68

Have and MH 871, and Trying to Figure out How much Vinyl it retracts before cut

Hello, thanks in advance for the help.  I'm trying to find out how much vinyl the machine retracts or sucks backward before beginning cutting.  I'm trying to conserve as much vinyl as possible, so I'd like to be able to load vinyl where it pulls right back to the edge.  This way i don't waste a few extra inches.  Thanks again all.

Welcome Kwelp, this is sandy jo

I leave a 1/2 inch on side and top,,

Good to have you here,

Sandy Jo

MonkeyMeMe

Hey, good to see you Sandy!! ;D

So, you mean you take 1/2" forward in front of the machine?  Mine seems to suck quite a bit of vinyl backwards and then begins to cut.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong??  It seems that sometimes it drops the cutter right there without backtracking the vinyl.  Other times, it sucks the vinyl way back and then drops the cutter.  What am I doing wrong??  I want it to not suck any vinyl back.

OK the first time you turn the cutter on....and it moves all the way to the upper left corner it auto sets its origin point, or the point where the graphic starts.  Then when it is finished normally it will advance itself a bit so you can cut off your graphic......but the key here is its ORIGIN point, or the point where it will start the next graphic, is still in the same place where it was for the first graphic.  Just take the machine offline by hitting offline, move the cutting head wherever you want it to start the next time, hit origin which will put the machine back online, and send your graphic.  This is the same way you use scraps, load them wherever on the bed of the machine, take the cutter offline, move it to your scrap, hit origin, send your graphic and it will cut from that point.  You really should be setting a new origin point before each and every cut.

Thomas