kevin3vd1

WTB The USCutter MH-721 with Sign Cut X2 for Mac. ANY USERS of this settup?

WTB The USCutter MH-721 with Sign Cut X2 for Mac. ANY USERS of this settup?

Software work. Do I need the the Keyspan Serial to usb converter?

What vinyl thickness with the MH-721 cut?

Thanks for your help.

MH721 will cut material up to 1mm, or about 39mils thick.

You will probably not need the keyspan adaptor: they seemed to work best as a replacement for the Serial to USB cables that came with the Copams a while back. Direct USB on the MH series has updated Mac drivers, and the cutter will run fine with SignCut X2. Probably better with SignCut Productivity Suite, which is their newest release.

Never used one personally with a Mac on a regular basis, but configured many via remote access.

;D

So after hours of heartache and trashed vinyl, I finally consulted with US cutter on an issue of my 721 stopping in the middle of a job.  It kept throwing a communication failure error.

I'm using a MacBook Pro OSX 10.5.8, Illustrator, Signcut X2 and a MH 721 cutter.  I was using this via USB.  DON'T DO THIS!!!

US Cutter said to purchase a Keyspan USB to serial device.  I couldn't find that brand specifically, so I bought an I/O Gear USB to Serial.  Worked perfectly!

DO NOT BUY A BELKIN CONVERTER!  The box says that it is Mac compatible, but it does not support OSX.  I tried to install it, but it is written in Classic OS, not OSX.  I was lucky that Staples took it back. 

So in summary, yes, your setup would work and I'd be happy to let you know of any complications I had and resolutions.  Just let me know...