I took this picture of the fuel truck of what they want done. I don't know how to price doing 3 colors on the bottom it will also say the town and phone number. They will want two 3'x 2' and then two that are 18" x 12". I know that you guys will all wish I would learn how to price and I am doing my best but never had one that was more then one color. Is it still so much a foot or sq inch? Also does anyone know what the font is in this?

Thank you so much!

Christi

post-2923-12986538171539_thumb.jpg

post-2923-12986538205973_thumb.jpg

For multiple color I usually do half again as much per color.

In other words....if the decal was single color and I charged $5 for it, 2 color would be 7.50, 3 color would be $10.

Hope that makes sense and helps out.

Thank you so much CherokeeDesign. That will help me out a lot if they decide to go ahead with it.

Christi

On their trucks where it says the town & phonr numbrt it is spaced out more then how I can do it in signblazer with the brody font. Is there away to make the lines closer and the letters more spread out that I am not figuring out?

Thanks.

Christi

After you create your text, select it then select the Node Edit button. Two boxes will show up below the text. By dragging the one on the right it allows you to change the letter spacing. By dragging the one on the left you can change line spacing. This only works with text so if you are going to do any outlines set you spacing first.

Thank you so much CherokeeDesign. That will help me out a lot if they decide to go ahead with it.

Christi

You're welcome, glad it helped. 

After you create your text, select it then select the Node Edit button. Two boxes will show up below the text. By dragging the one on the right it allows you to change the letter spacing. By dragging the one on the left you can change line spacing. This only works with text so if you are going to do any outlines set you spacing first.

What Jay said, and I use guides.  I use a horizontal guide to keep the bottom of the letters in alignment, and 2 vertical ones to make sure the spacing is the same between letters.  It's kind of a pain, but it's the best I have found so far. 

Overall I'm very happy with the SignBlazer software, but automatic kerning would be nice. 

Oh that will make it a lot easier. Thank you so much Jay and Cherokee. I really need to go back and read the SB manual again.

Christi

Christi

You're welcome, glad it helped. 

What Jay said, and I use guides.  I use a horizontal guide to keep the bottom of the letters in alignment, and 2 vertical ones to make sure the spacing is the same between letters.  It's kind of a pain, but it's the best I have found so far. 

Overall I'm very happy with the SignBlazer software, but automatic kerning would be nice. 

You don't need the guides if you do it how I explained. They stay aligned and evenly spaced.

See the video:

http://screencast.com/t/7L7QQelwkE5

Thanks Jay that is a great video. Now all I have to do is learn how to do a registration mark so I can layer my colors better and easier and I will be on a roll. ;D

Christi

Christi...

You can go to the library, pick out a couple of diamond shapes, then drag them to the corners of your work and make them a different color.  When you cut, cut two colors...ie, one color of your sign and the 2 diamonds at the same time.  They will line up your work perfectly.

Reelguitars Thank you so much for the reply. Jay did explain this one to me also but it is good for everyone to know how to do this, that is newer like me.

So it saves this question later, in SBE the way that you do select to cut two different colors at the same time is hit one color then for the marks hit ctrl and the other and it will cut both. If I only knew this a month ago it would have saved me a lot of time and headache.

All of you people are awesome with all your knowledge and being so helpful.

Thank you!

Christi