Sign in to follow this  
smee

Hollow circle

Could some one please tell me how I would make a hollow circle? I know how to make a solid circle , but I just need an outline?

Any help would sure be appreciated!  :thumbsup:  :D

Well I would never have worked that one out myself!  Thanks Bob! Your a legend!! :thumbsup:

Several ways to do this, I would draw a circle, go to object fill and stroke, kill the fill and put a stroke the color and size you want.  Then go to path....stroke to path.

Also you could draw 2 circles, use the alignment tools to align them perfectly, select them both and choose path....difference.

I will give that a go.  I am trying to create two concentric circles with text between them, sounds relatively simple and probably is to most, but unfortunately not to me.

Now my next question is, how do I get text to wrap around a circle? I read the thread on putting text to paths and I can do that. But when I try to wrap text around a circle and I select both circle and text all it does is group them. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to do something to the circle to make it a path?

Your help would be very  much appreciated as I feel my hair is thinning somewhat and with a little patience I could plait the clumps lying round on the floor!!

As long as the circle is a path....which it should be if you drew it with the circle tool, just select both the text and circle by holding shift and clicking both....both should have the squares around them, then choose text....text to path.  Now keep in mind in inkscape the text cannot be converted to paths yet.  In other words if you choose the node edit tool, click your text, and all the nodes show up....you cannot set that text to a path.  You have to use the text tool from within the progarm, write what you want, wrap it to a path, and then convert the text to paths.

Hope that makes sense.

Not only did it make sense, IT WORKED!! YAY!! ;D;)

I managed to make my circles and aligned them perfectly using the alignment tools that I had no idea existed before you mentioned them.  I had trouble getting the text to look right by wrapping it around the circle, so I created a path just inside the circle and put the text on that.

Thankyou so much for your help and advice, I truly do appreciate it!! ;D ;D

Awwe a thank you...I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now!

You are welcome....I have said it before and will say it again, I have corel and Illustrator.....I use Inkscape because it just works for me....hands down.