Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Screen Print Pricing

I'm trying to decide what would be a fair price for 100 safety orange youth shirts.  They will have a small print of 3 lines on the front left chest and a picture of some sort on the back, all in black ink.

Also, do you guys have some standard breakdown on pricing. 

For example: maybe standard sales price on a colored shirt is $5 for qty. 25+ and then printing is $1 for a left chest or $2 per location for a full print and then and additional $1 per color.

Thanks for the help.

I price based on imprint location (front, back, both) and how many colors, and whether it is a light shirt or a dark shirt (heather gray counts as light).  It is then priced based on quantity.  I also charge $2 extra for 2X and above.

For that job, I would be at $8 each.

For 1 color, 2 sided shirts with the quantity of 100. I would charge 6.75 a shirt.

Total price of $675.00 cost of shirts $171.00 Ink $30. Total cost $201.00 total profit $474.00. It would take me about 3.5 hours to do 100 shirts. so i make $135.42 an hour. Of course there is design time. Picking up the shirts. making the screen. But well well worth it. All in all it would most likely be an all day job. but 474 in one day !! I would not complain.

:thumbsup: DOWN

Thanks guys, that is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for.  Really appreciate the help.

I outsource screenprinting. I get the shirts for $2.50 (dark colors/adult sizes) and 4 colors imprint for $1.50 ea. Thats $4.00.

You are getting a really good deal if that is all the costs you have in it and your minimums aren't high.  Are you sure your not missing screen setup charges and artwork fees or something else? 

Screen Set up - $0

Artwork Charge - $0 (I do all my stunts artwork)

Having a great printer that works fast and at a great price - Priceless

;D  ;D

This is all done locally (Puerto Rico).