Sign in to follow this  
graphicinnovations

MH 721 - Not closing graphic

I finally got my plotter connected with my software and pc, after buying a new USB cable. Now I'm having a problem with the graphic not being closed. This isnt like the other topics I've read where it almost closes the text, and can still be weeded with some effort. My problem is that the entire width of the graphic is not closed. It cuts fine except for anything that is on the edge of the graphic nearest the knife holder side of the graphic.

Any idea what the deal is?

I'm willing to try anything because I've had this machine for over 5 months, and have yet to have a successful cut out of the machine.

Make sure that your pressure setting is high enough, if it looks like the machine is tracing your cut but not actually cutting this may be the problem. Also I have recently learned that static can stop your carriage from coming down and cutting correctly.. To remedy this there is a metal cable that comes with the cutter and needs to be attached to the stand to be grounded. This helps with the static problem... if nothing else grab a  dryer sheet and wipe down your vinyl before cutting, it will remove much of the static.

Sounds to me like it possibly may be the graphic is to wide for the plotter. What software are you using, how wide is the image, have you set an origin on the plotter?

Make sure you are setting the origin when starting a new cut. Next before you cut, make sure your complete design is in the cutting area you layed out. Now go to setup in the cut screen and make sure you set the width and length of vinyl, (so you don't cut off the other end, don't ask how I know  :huh: )

Hope this helps, Nut

To answer the other question about cutting force,.....most everything I cut is 70-90g. However just set your vinyl up in the machine and hit the test button, until you get the depth you want, to adjust downforce just arrow left and right. Don't forget to reset the origin before cutting the design.

Nut