Sign in to follow this  
Redsfan

Help with choosing Software

:thumbsup:

Hi Everyone,Could surely use some help in choosing the best software for my new pcut.

Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape or Corel Draw9 and what version) I'm am clueless ! 

Guest fivestar

I use Corel Draw X4.  Inkscape is free so I'd download that if I was you and start messing with it.

No,

From X4 save as eps and import in SBE or other program.

Only from Signcut Pro you can use the plugin to auto convert to cut by one click.

But some seem to have al kind of weird problems.

At my side it works perfect now.

Paco

Guest sciondrgn

I use the Free Inkscape and FlexiSign. So far I've been able to do everything in those two without having to go to Illustrator or anything else.  FlexiSign is a good all in one program that lets you design and cut

I am using Inkscape and a 2nd hand copy of Flexi I came across.  I have used AI and Corel X3 both to design with....and I keep coming back to inkscape.  Corel an Illustrator are more powerful for all aspects of vector design, but for vinyl cutting design I can run circles around them using Inkscape.  Everyone is different but I love it, haven't found one thing I can't do faster in Inkscape than Illustrator or Corel, in fact the only time the other 2 get opened is to open an eps and save it as an SVG so I can open it in Inkscape and edit it and then resave it as EPS to cut.  Thats the only drawback is Inkscape will not open and edit an EPS natively, but it will save it that way so you can import and cut.