Sign in to follow this  
JoeCamaro

Need advice on Displays for decals.

I will start selling on a Flea Market soon (probably this Friday). I will be doing custom decals and shirts on the spot, but I will also be selling my designs.

I have over 70 original decal designs, plus stock vectors. I already cut all my designs and I will be using either clear acrylic or coroplast (still unsure about what color to use) to stick my decals there so people can see them and create interest in them. I will also have a catalog with them all (including the stock vectors which I didnt cut for the display).

Now, the questions are:

1. What do you think will look better: Clear Acrylic or Coroplast?

2. If Coroplast, what color would you suggest?

3. Is it better to display all my original designs at once or should I start with some and keep adding week by week?*

*If I display them all I think I will have more chances of selling. If I display them by groups week after week, it will look different each week.

Thank you for your input.

Joe

Joe, I would put all of your designs out at one time. Some people that go will only go one time. The ones that are there week after week may only stop once.

I know at our flea market booth that we have been at over 2 years now, we have them all pre-cut and out on tables. Your not going to have the time and the customers are not going to want to wait around for you to cut every job when its ordered. You need to atleast cut your stock designs and have them pre made. You dont have to do alot but do 5 in each popular color like red,white,silver,blue then you can cut them in other colors as ordered. Plus seing them already cut the customers buy them qicker than having to wait 10-20 mins because you have 5 other decals to cut before theres.

Take it for whats its worth I just know what works for us here at ours.

Good advice both of you.

Jay, that's what I thought. Anyways, i will keep adding more when i design more, so I guess there will always be new designs.

SpiderG, that's a great advice. I dont have the expertise in Flea Markets. I appreciate that you share yours with me. I will do what you said, and you are right about it.

Keep 'em coming.

Joe

Good advice both of you.

Jay, that's what I thought. Anyways, i will keep adding more when i design more, so I guess there will always be new designs.

SpiderG, that's a great advice. I dont have the expertise in Flea Markets. I appreciate that you share yours with me. I will do what you said, and you are right about it.

Keep 'em coming.

Joe

Yea its just makes a great eye catcher and gets them in and looking. Then you can always offer to make it bigger for a little more $$

I would use expanded PVC to display them.  It looks more professional than coroplast, you can cut the edges smoother and it doesnt have corrugations.  You can get it in all the same colors for almost the same cost, and it's more durable.

Acrylic would not only cost quite a bit more, but you would have to rely on the backdrop color to provide any visibility.

I havent done any flea markets, but I have done a few craft fairs small town fesivals etc and what I do is put my decals on a banner, some are in red and some are in blue ( for display purposes only. )Then under each graphic is a letter and number : example A-1 is a dolphin etc etc. I then have an acordian type file thinger I have labled each slot with the graphic and in each slot is the graphic. So if the customer wants A-1 I go to that folder/slot and pull one out ready to stick. They are of course in WHITE. If I'm out, I'm  out I'm not trying to sit there and weed little stickers...lol. I try to keep at least -15 stickers of each one done ready to buy.

Renee

Joe, I've done big shows(craft) for about 12 years or more. I did monogramming on the spot for the first 9 years and people don't seem to mind waiting...They order, pay, and come back to pick it up. Anything personalized pretty well needs to be done after they order. Sometimes I'd have 4 machines running at once keeping up, but they LOVE that name on anything...I changed to engraving jewelry and gifts at shows about 3 years ago and worked it the same way. They order, pay, and come back to pick it up. Don't have as much help with the engraving, I'm about the only one that can do it, but it works ok. I'm just REALLY busy for the whole 3 day show.But Love the money.LOL  My point is, I guess, if they want it badly enough they'll wait.  I hope you're a LOT faster at decals than I am though. LOL Sandy

I would use acrylic with black vinyl on the back and white vinyl on the front.....looks shiny and very eye catching, you can make serveral of them and rotate them or get them out for customers who want to look at specific types.

Black vinyl on the back and white on the front looks awesome IMO....have used it for some display stuff I have done.

Thank you all for your tips, they are appreciated  :thumbsup:

I know how much people like custom stuff and I will take advantage of it.

I will do what SpyderGraphix said about cutting some of each and probably use Renees' storage method.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences, secrets, tips and advices with me.

tlzimmerman, I bet what you said looks great. Do you have pics of it?

Joe

No I don't, the couple I have made were for backdrops on cake tables at weddings and I didn't take pictures after I delivered them.  You have to be careful not to scratch things but it looks awesome if its the high gloss polished plexiglass.  To move them after it was done I actually covered the whole thing with transfer paper.  I have also done glass ones and for permanent that may be the way to go if you can support the weight in your displays as its much more durable.  Plate tempered glass is expensive but it will last.

Joe,

If you want them plotted (printed) on large format paper, we could work something out. you would just need to create a contact sheet size, say 36x42 or larger. It might be easier than and take less time than applying all your decals to a board or acrylic. You could put the acrylic over the contact sheet to protect it. It would be easier to change also. Just a thought.

Peabody

Guest round2racing

A guy at our local flea market used plexiglass and painted the back black.

His graphics showed up so good against that background.

He has 4 x 4 sheets that we bundled together and had holes drilled in the top to put hooks in to hang them up.

I will start selling on a Flea Market soon (probably this Friday). I will be doing custom decals and shirts on the spot, but I will also be selling my designs.

I have over 70 original decal designs, plus stock vectors. I already cut all my designs and I will be using either clear acrylic or coroplast (still unsure about what color to use) to stick my decals there so people can see them and create interest in them. I will also have a catalog with them all (including the stock vectors which I didnt cut for the display).

Now, the questions are:

1. What do you think will look better: Clear Acrylic or Coroplast?

2. If Coroplast, what color would you suggest?

3. Is it better to display all my original designs at once or should I start with some and keep adding week by week?*

*If I display them all I think I will have more chances of selling. If I display them by groups week after week, it will look different each week.

Thank you for your input.

Joe

Joe I am setup at my local flea mkt.They have pegboard walls and i just take a piece tape tape the decals to pegboard if anyone wants one i get it off no problem,they are all around the back wall of the building.I also printed 2 books and have them laying on a table for viewing.Hope this helps also some sample auto tags for viewing.

A guy at our local flea market used plexiglass and painted the back black.

His graphics showed up so good against that background.

He has 4 x 4 sheets that we bundled together and had holes drilled in the top to put hooks in to hang them up.

That sounds awesome, Ill have to keep that in mind.

I think Kenya (Vette) had a great idea earlier in the year...about using a banner or two to apply your decals to, makes it nice and easy to move your displays as needed.

Best of luck to you Joe!

Thank you for the tip Aries. Best of luck in your venture  ;D

Jenn, you are right, that wuld be the easiest way to display and move them. I will consider it.

Thank you.

However you decide to display them....best of luck and hey HAVE FUN!!!

My wife and I made a display for our decals using a white and a black foam board. Then we put our logo in the middle and then placed all the other decals around it. They Turned out Great! Especially a white decal on the black board and colors on the white board. Everyone stopped to look and most of them pointed out their favorite one. Hope this helps.

I would love to see some pics set up at a flea market.

I did my fist one today without much success.

I have spin racks that I have the decals hanging on. Had a couple hundred designs on hand ready to go. Sold 3 all day, for $10.  :thumbsup:

Guest kenya

I think Kenya (Vette) had a great idea earlier in the year...about using a banner or two to apply your decals to, makes it nice and easy to move your displays as needed.

Best of luck to you Joe!

Sorry Joe, I missed this thread.

Jenny is right, I use banners to display my decals when I go to equine events & I also have some banners in local feed stores, where the owners sell my decals & they get a cut on the sales.

Here's one of my banners. They are  really nice for transporting to events, just roll them up & they take up very little space. Wishing you all the best..... good luck with your sells.  :thumbsup:

post-0-12986538550631_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298653856745_thumb.jpg

Nice Set Up Vette  ;) Thanx for the pic, it really helps a lot  ;D

I used a yellow coroplast and put them there. I am doing good so far. 3 weeks already. Im taking my cutter there, people love to see the machine cutting. I think I would not sell 1/2 of what Im selling if I just had them made and sitting on a table. My space is always crwoded and Im really happy (but tired, lol).

My set up is not fancy at all, Im looking to improve my space, but for now, being simple has proven to work.

Rob, did you take your cutter? Offer custom stuff, people LOVE that.