Sign in to follow this  
john2003

pencil drawing to vector

OK most my work/ art is done in pencil when i try to convert the drawings i get lots of speckles or littel empty spaces. just need someone to point me in right direction  on how to fill or make solid

post-5103-12986537163732_thumb.jpg

post-5103-12986537177992_thumb.jpg

You will need to scan it (already done), then open it in photoshop or similar software, convert it to grayscale and then play with the brightness and contrast until it is really dark and defined. Save it, open in your vector software and trace (livetrace or something similar).

Or Scan, open in vector software and hand-vectorize using the pen (bezier tool).

Joe

Another way is to go over pencil lines with a sharpie.(known as poor boy trace)

mark-s

Another way is to go over pencil lines with a sharpie.(known as poor boy trace)

mark-s

sharpie is the ease way  :thumbsup:

Hey thanks everyone tried 10 different ways and the sharpie worked the best . had to be careful sharpie likes to bleed over the lines a little other than that drawing looks solid .

Maybe stating the obvious - Scan it, print it, then trace or xerox it, then trace. I try to never trace the original. Always have a backup, I make too many mistakes.  :thumbsup:

you do great work, Have you thought of buying a digitizing tablet? It's like a mouse but you use a pen and draw on a tablet. you can set it up so that the computer screen is your canvas. It's much easyer than scan&vectorize and the image will already be plotter ready!

The G-PEN F610 gives you more area to work with, I'm sur the watcom is a solid product, but as a n artist you need as much room as possible and all those buttons can be a godsend once you've programmed them with exactly what you want/need. Good luck

Guest stunad, jr.

I bought a 22" touchsmart pc on woot a few weeks ago for $600.  I have to say it is outstanding for working with graphics.