Panda5

PCUT 630 not lowering the blade but still "starting" the cut

I just got my machine 10 days ago and I've been mostly cutting 12 inch squares of text.  I haven't had much in the way of problems, but yesterday I was cutting a new square and watching the cutter cut the vinyl.  I noticed that it would finish a letter, move the to next one and start moving along the shape of the new letter without lowering the blade.  I read in the manual and it said to reinstall the software.  My husband did that for me last night.  Now, when I press "pause" twice for it to cut a test square, about 70% of the time it will start "cutting" the square without lowering the blade.  It will eventually lower the blade and doesn't pick it back up until it's reached it's starting point.  Other than the "test" square not being cut properly, when I try to cut something from Signblazer, it's cutting okay once it lowers the blade, but not picking the blade up fully between cuts so it's scratching the vinyl between cuts.  I've adjusted the blade depth and the pressure and nothing seems to work.  The manual's trouble shooting section said the next thing to do is get it repaired, but I just bought it!  Please help, I'm getting really frustrated.

this could be a static electricity peoblem. The blade lowering from what I have been told is magnetic..and static electricity can interfere with it. Make sure it is very well grounded.

It could be a hardware problem, but try that first.

Guest round2racing

How can you ground these cutters?

I have mine on a wooden table, but I have had a few small problems too.

I have pcut 630 and it looks like a solenoid activates the up and down part of the knife --and it should be doing it for the complete duration of the cut. If the current is not constant the knife is not constant. us cutter does not to my knowledge put out a parts or wiring diagram-which let you trace back to where the signal is activated for the solinoid.