Sign in to follow this  
muddywaterpirate

Is the MH871 working well for owners?

I've read on the forum a lot of problems with this machine, from the software that comes with it, to the blades not cutting deep enough and lots of other stuff in between.  I have thought about buying this model but the comments are making me think about it.

Are you owners of this machine happy with it?

I've got the MH721, basically the same machine but mine is a 24" model.  I use SignBlazer, no issues.  It's a trial version that doesn't expire.  Works fine.

As for it not cutting deep enough, that should be simple blade adjustment (and possibly the force settings on the cutter).  I had the blade on mine adjusted in less than 10 minutes after assembling my cutter, and I'd never used a cutter before.  It's pretty easy, really.

9 out of 10 times... things like that are going to be user error, not the machine.

I had a MH721 for about a year, and it was a great machine... the only reason I got rid of it, is because I upgraded to a Graphtec.

I think for the money... the Refine line of machine is the best bang for the buck, hands down.

Guest fivestar

I've got 2 refines and they work great, I use them as backups now because I too got a Graphtec.  Remember this is a tech support forum so you're going to hear bad things about cutters, that's what this forum is for.

Refine 871 is my one and only machine, and I would do it again in a hearbeat.  No...they are not graphtechs or Rolands...but for the price they are good machine.  Yes parts may break on them, there may be issues, but rest assured UScutter stands behind these machines and will get your issues resolved. 

Did I meantion it has payed for itself and many rolls of vinyl no problem and is still going strong?  Sure I am saving up for a graphtech like the above guys, but am impressed with my refine over and over, when its doing something wrong normally its me not knowing how to adjust it, and when I figure it out it works great again.

Guest kenya

I just bought a used MH721. No problems here with the cutter or software.

In less than 30 minutes, I installed a new blade & was cutting. The refine is a great cutter.  :thumbsup:

I just bought a used MH721. No problems here with the cutter or software.

In less than 30 minutes, I installed a new blade & was cutting. The refine is a great cutter.  :thumbsup:

Kenya, what computer OS did you install yours on?  Does the cutter come with driver software, and what software are you using?

i have had my 871 for about 2 months now, and regardless of what you hear on any of the forums, i would highly recomend it, ive been using mine every day since i got it and have had no problems what so ever, once i got the hookup to the pc figured out,,allmost all problems that i have read have been due to using usb,,i have mine hooked up via serial port,,i have been making small window decals, airbrush masks, and recently got my first 2 real jobs, replacement racing decals for a mustang, and a big harley sheild for a trailor,,,,,with the mh871, ive used it so much i have dulled my first blade,,

this is a long answer, but even though im new to this, im tired of hearing people knock these things, and saying there not as good as the higher priced machines, mine has done everything i needed it to do,and has allready paid for itself

hope this is of some help