Sign in to follow this  
hockeygirl

Cannot cut large files on MH721 & Signcut

Hi, I know this had been posted multiple times, but none of the fixes posted seem to be working for me....

I'm using MH721, direct USB connection - I cannot use Serial as the plotter does not communicate with my computer at all, and have tried this on 2 different computers.

Everything is fine when I'm cutting smaller designs, but the bigger ones (larger than 2'x2'), the plotter stops in the middle of the cut and it seems to have lost the USB connection. I cannot restart the plotter unless I physically disconnect and reconnect the USB cable.

I had been using Signcut-X2, switched to Signcut Pro and the same problem still exists. The problem is also a little random, because when that happens, I just exit the program, restart it, and it will almost always cut the entire design this time around. I'm a little annoyed because I'm also wasting a lot of vinyl because of this.

Any suggestions? Cutter is approx 3 years old.

Here are my settings in Signcut Pro:

Manufactuere: USCutter

Cutter: USCutter Refine MH721

Output Device: USB Serial Port (COM4)

Baud: 9600

Parity: NON

Databits: 8

Stopbits: 1

Handshake: Hardware

Any ideas?

Thanks and appreciate any help....

I got hit with that with my 871 the other day and still havent figured it out. using signblazer as the cutter program

Could also be a loose USB port, and when the unit is cutting, rattles the cable and drops connection. Have you tried taping the USB cable up along the side of the unit to keep it stable?

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was on vacation the last couple of weeks. Finally back to reality...

Thanks for the suggestions, the cutter is already grounded, but I will try taping the cable down and see if it makes a difference. But it is an older machine and components may be getting worn so I'm not really complaining much. And I have found ways around large files by splitting it into several smaller files and do my best to match it up(tedious, but it gets the work done since I'm in no shape to invest in a new machine)... and I just hold off on large intricate designs these days.

If the problem persists please either give me a call or start up a ticket at support.uscutter.com. I would like to log into your computer and mess around with a few settings. We have made several break throughs recently on this issue.