Sign in to follow this  
SIGNMAN

converting eps to jpg

hi

im currently trying to convert all of my eps files to a jpg file so i can print out a catalogue by using irfanview thumbnails ,

at the miniute im importing and exporting each single file using signblazer, is there a quicker way of doing this maybe all at once for example as i have 1000's of files

any help appreciated

Hey signman, I havent tried it myself yet but I have heard that you can print your eps files directly from irfanview, you do not have to convert them to jpg files. There is a thread on that subject somewhere around here...lol. I'm sure its buried but with a little digging I think you can locate it! Sorry I couldnt be more help. Maybe if you play around with the viewer you will find it there.

Renee

hi if on irfanview my eps files come up as a red or green circle with a cross thorugh it , no pics , i havent tried to print them tho ill try that later

Signman, you need to go back to the site you got the viewer from because you need to download the plug-in so you can view eps files! Makes all the difference in the world! The plug in is not included with your download its seperate I guess because not everyone needs the ability to dee eps files! Let me know how it turns out for you!

Renee

hi

downloaded ghostscript , then extracted it , and its asking me which program do i want to use to open it,

Hi,

I'm new to the board and thought I would put some input on this subject.

This is what I know and do. Not all .eps and .ai files will show up in irfanview no matter what plugin you have. Also many have the same problem using .ai and .eps files in sign making software as well.

What I found that works for me is in Illustrator if you save your files using Illustrator3 version that most all of those will and can be open or seen in nearly any sign software or viewers.

On to compiling images to print. You can use irfanview thumbnail viewer. Open it up, navigate to your directory with .eps files or .ai files and then resize your window so it shows say 5 images wide and say 6 high. In options change background to white and file background to white. Take a print screen and paste in favorite image editor and resize and print or whatever you need to do to compile a catalog. I'm sure there is a better way which I would like to know, but at least you are making 30 or so images at once to print instead of 1 at a time.

Hope that helps!

By the way... HELLO all!  :thumbsup:

Guest crshirts

I just make them PDFs.

Carl

I use Microsoft Publisher, I'm in the process of creating an actual catalog of images, I used to work for a real estate company and I created and maintained a 60 page catalog that we updated every 3 months to include the cover. All the work was done in house but we did sub the printing out, because we had thousands printed at a time. so I decided to use that template ( I SAVE all my work) and use it to my advantage LOL. Mine will not be 60 pages though, at least not yet...lol. Microsoft Publisher DOES support EPS files so its a snap!

Renee

I use Microsoft Publisher, I'm in the process of creating an actual catalog of images, I used to work for a real estate company and I created and maintained a 60 page catalog that we updated every 3 months to include the cover. All the work was done in house but we did sub the printing out, because we had thousands printed at a time. so I decided to use that template ( I SAVE all my work) and use it to my advantage LOL. Mine will not be 60 pages though, at least not yet...lol. Microsoft Publisher DOES support EPS files so its a snap!

Renee

You want to share your template?  :thumbsup:

Jon

WOW, great info Cre8tiveCutter!  :thumbsup: I will have to try that out. Template would be nice. Might be able to use a default Publisher one. I did not know Publisher supported .eps. Very cool! :thumbsup:

The reason I do it as I posted is because its fairly fast. Don't have to mess with naming images etc.. It is all done one time shot.

Time for a little experimenting when time permits.

Thank you!

Guest stunad, jr.

I just print out contact sheets from psp.  You can adjust them by size, rows...etc

works good 'nuff for me.

Since psp reads almost every image imaginable, its not necessary to convert all your .eps files

post-0-12986536999836_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986537000317_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986537019519_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986537019803_thumb.jpg