Sign in to follow this  
newcovtattoo

Vinyl selections

Hi,

My friend cut me some vinyl stickers. i put them on my truck window and they lasted about 4 car washes and 6 months. However, I have a couple vinyl stickers that have lasted 4 years.

I assume the vinyl selection is the issue. For lasting window stickers, what vinyl stick is recommended? Also, for transfer tape should he use standard? or High Tact?

thanks,

Eric

I use Oracal 651 or Shinerite for everything. As for transfer tape depends on material, how your appling it and what to. For the most part I use High Tack

Have you recieved feedback or noticed how long vehicle window stickers are lasting using Oracal 651 or Shinerite :thumbsup:

For the transfer tape..it would be for the same application, so High Tact is the best choice is that correct?

thanks,

Eric

I have some black shinerite that has been on my back window for over a year, and still looks great.    Make sure you clean the window well, preferably with alcohol before applying.

The transfer tape doesn't matter.  I usually use medium tack and don't have any problems getting the vinyl off the backer paper.  High tack can be difficult to remove if you apply a large decal, esp. to glass.