Sign in to follow this  
gplimpton

Tried Corel x4, Now signcut won't import.

I am currently using Corel X3.  A few days ago I downloaded the trial of Corel X4.  I was dissappointed to find it still too buggy.(But that is for another discussion)  After I removed X4 from my system I immediately started having trouble with "Send To Signcut X2" from the application launcher.  It starts Signcut, but with the splash screen(default Signcut X2 file) instead of the image I was sending.

I assume that this problem is a result of installing & uninstalling X4, since I did not have any problems before.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Signcut, but that did not solve the problem.  I can still save a file from Corel in .ai and then open it from Signcut, but that is not nearly as productive. :P

Have you since removed and performed a complete reinstalled of Corel X3?

Will SignIt X2 launch for you?

I would suggest you do a couple of things - first please upgrade to our newest version - Signcut Productivity Pro you may do so by going to our new website at www.signcutpro.com/trial.html once you have registered and installed send us your new and old license number to support@sc-x2.com

Then please follow the instructions in this FAQ http://www.signcutpro.com/component/option,com_quickfaq/Itemid,69/cid,4/id,6/view,items/

I have not un/reinstalled Corel x3. Didn't want to go to that trouble if it wasn't necessary.  Signcut x2 will launch from the application launcher in Corel, but it won't import my selection from Corel.  I can however use Signcut as a stand alone program by exporting from Corel and opening from Signcut.  It is the application launcher add on that isn't working.

Just found another Issue.  When I try to launch SignIt-X2 From Corel Application Launcher, It gives me the following error message: Type Mismatch

Kimon, I tried Signcut Productivity Pro last Jan/Feb. It was a few days after they made it available.  It was so buggy that I had to uninstall it.  I emailed Per Johanson about the problems, but got no reply.  Below is the email that I sent to Per.  Have they resolved the initial issues with Prod. Pro?   

Per,

I downloaded and installed Signcut Productivity Pro. I like the new

interface, however it still does not stop the plot after the cut, but

instead returns to origin first. Please note the following other problems.

1. When I selected a weed border, it cut right through edge of the copy

instead of around it. (About 1/8")

2. There is no provision for extra precision when cutting small copy. Small

copy had obvious spurs on some corners where the blade ran too long before

turning.

3. When cutting small copy, the overlap was imprecise. It left little

slivers of vinyl hanging on to the edge of the letters.

4. Sometimes it would not bring a file over from Corel. I had to break all

objects apart before sending to Prod. Pro.

5. It double cut some copy, causing it to cut right through the backing. I made

sure that there was no outline or double overlay. The same copy cut just

fine with X2.

It was these problems that made it necessary to remove Productivity Pro and

reinstall X2.

Just thought you would want to know.

Thanks Per,

Gary B Plimpton gary@graphixwiz.com

As I replied in your email the best way to get support is through our support system at support@sc-x2.com this way the first available tech will answer your question.

Your import issue should be solved by my above recommendation. The Signit issue may need a reinstall of x3 as your uninstall of the trial seems to have removed or changed a Corel setting.

The issues you bring up about our Pro version are either settings, file problems or have been corrected. You are welcome to try the pro version again but I suggest you reinstall x3 first. If you decide to us Signcut x2 you are welcome to but we would much rather you switch over to the new version. The improvements made in communication, compatibility and file preview are worth the effort and the upgrade is free.

Just as a follow-up, I was able to resolve the problem with files not transferring to Corel & Sign-It not working.  As Kimon & Edge suggested, it was as simple as a reinstall of Corel X3.  Well, not a complete uninstall/reinstall of Corel, but actually a Repair.  When you go to uninstall Corel it gives you the option to Repair. Did it, fixed it.

Thanks Edge.   Thanks Kimon.

I am going to try ProdPro again. :thumbsup: