Sign in to follow this  
fragged8

im such a noob,,

Ok, here's what I did, using the text tool, I put in the text, Changed it to bold to get the thickness, then used "convert to curves". After that I selected the object and selected "contour" "outside" "distance" and selected apply. Then you can select "break contour group apart". Now you have 2 separate objects. As for putting it in SB - I have no idea. I don't use that program, I either cut it from Corel or import it into Flexi. Sorry I can't help you on the back end of the problem.

One thing I did notice about your file, even if you did cut it you would have ended up with your text with cut running through it. In Corel look at it in the wire frame view. See the attached file for what I found. Hope this helps.

Peabody

post-2017-12986536664505_thumb.jpg

post-2017-12986536681005_thumb.jpg

hiya

thanks for the explanation i'll try that tonight. I really don't know why i keep getting those

odd vertical cutlines ? they just seem to appear ? I don't draw them in.

I did add an outline the Bold text just to make it a little more bolder perhaps that did something ?

i wireframed the outlined letters and they would be no good for cutting either.

can i cut direct from corel ? i didn't know I could do that.

regards

Richard

Yes, you can cut from Corel, my cutter is a Graphtec. It might depend on what cutter you have, I don't know much about the other cutters. Do a search on "cutting from corel", you might find what you're looking for. If you list what software and cutter you are using in your signature (profile) it would help people trying to help you. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that are willing to help - This is where I learned a lot and am still learning.

Good luck - let us know how it works out.

Peabody

hiya

I use corel x4 and signcut x2 but am having some noob trouble, I was up till 1am trying to cut some simple letters and just couldn't do it..

what i am trying to do is a 2 layer boat name 'CORONET' in times new roman, the lower layer black the top layer gold.

the customer wants a fine black border all around the gold letters. ( does this make sense ?) he hand makes classic english sailing boats for about

KINGSLEY coronet.ai

KINGSLEY coronet.ai

in signcut copy and paste the origional logo, making two copies.  Make one bold (the black one) leaving the other (The yellow one) the same.  Center them up and down, then cut...

hiya

thanks for that, i'll try that. I didn't realize you could work with 2 objects in X2.

I had a solution from Paco also, doing it on corel x4. always good to have more than one way to do it

thank you again. you guys rock.

regards

Richard.UK

hiya

i've been trying to copy and paste in signcut x2 but i cant find out how to do it ?

would this be a limitation with the PE version do you think ?

regards

richard

23 putss,

This would be new to me to copy objects in SIGNCUT X2 or do you mean copy objects in COREL X2?

Please explain.

in signcut copy and paste the origional logo, making two copies.  Make one bold (the black one) leaving the other (The yellow one) the same.  Center them up and down, then cut...

I was just trying a suggestion to my problem i was having, but i can't see how to do it ?

i'm wondering if it's the new pro version he's talking about ?

regards

Richard,uk