Watch for a good brand name used.  Hix or Stahls would be my suggestion.  Stahls includes a lot of other names like Hotronix, Mighty, Maxx, Phoenix Phire, Hot One

Thanks

I looked on Craigslist and found one near.  Is this one worth the $250.00?

HIX Heat Transfer Shirt Press---14"x 20" Transfer Area,

Model H-1620,

120 Volts-15 Amps,

Thermostat and Timer

$250.00

As long as its in good working condition and not rusted to death, I'd sure snatch it up.  Hix presses hold up really well.

Another thing to consider is that its a swing press.  Some people really prefer them and others don't.  Its easier to layout your shirts or whatever & you won't burn your knuckles near as often as a clam, but it does take a little more time and effort to operate. 

Solid press to get you started. It will pay for itself and buy your next press.  Need to get yourself some good EZ Off iron cleaner to clean that upper platen up good and probably a teflon sheet.

i'm not renegade, but dude, u got that almost free! lmao! lucky u. that's a nice one right there. :thumbsup::D

I think its a great starter press and at a fair price.  I haven't actual used the presto line myself, but the heating element is a hix so I'm sure that it will last well.  The Presto line is a bit less expensive because of the simpler mechanism, but that isn't always a bad thing.  I'm sure it will pay for itself in no time.

Now you just need to get yourself some good heat press vinyl and show us what you can do.  :thumbsup: