Sign in to follow this  
tnwalkinghorse

30 Foot BANNER!!! HELP!

Hi All.  I am doing a 5 foot tall by 30 foot wide banner for a customer with 46" characters.  He just wants 3 words, easy font.  I have several questions:  What is the best way to cut this (I have a 24" cutter).  I know I can tiles 23"+23" and come up with 46" in Flexi.  However, how do I align, how many tiles, size of tiles etc, so that by the time I get to the end of the 30' banner, it does not look like a roller coaster?  Ok, I will see what you pros would do in a case like this before asking any more questions.  Thank you!

-Matt

measure down from the top to where you want the bottom of the letters to be.Draw a line all the way across the banner.Remembering that the "O" and some other letters go a bit below the line in some fonts.

Do one letter at a time, measuring (ahead of time) the distance between each letter,lining up the bottom of the letter on your line. With 3 words, I do the first and last, then the middle word but that's just my way.

I don't use tape..I just carefully peel each letter off and SPRAY with fluid as I go. This takes a steady hand and maybe some help.

But it works. I've done bigger banners than that using this method. The "S" if there is one will be a pain in the ass to get straight but just keep at it,and use plenty of application fluid. Can't stress this enough/ The good part is,without the tape,it is easy to squeegee the fluid out and move on to the next letter fast.

not sure where you are at but I could cut it for you out of a 48" roll and ship it to you if that would help you. We could keep it cheep by just cutting it for you and you weed and apply it..

Let me know if you want to do it that way would be glad to help you out and it would save you the trouble and material..

BannerJohn,

Thanks for the information.  I didn't even think about wet application. I ordered the banners from your buddy.

Spyder,

Thanks for the offer, but I already received all the material to do this. 

BannerJohn,

Thanks for the information.  I didn't even think about wet application. I ordered the banners from your buddy.

Spyder,

1000+ banners in the past 3 years and I wouldn't even think about doing it dry. Text that size is way too big for one person to handle if doing it dry. Unless you have very long arms.

BannerJohn,

Spyder,

No problem Like to help out when I can