Sign in to follow this  
Cre8tiveCutter

Just an FYI on SISER Easyweed Vinyl

Hey all. I just thought I would share an experience that I had with siser easyweed and hopefully save someone else the vinyl I had wasted. I use siser easyweed alot and had a job to do, so I go thru my regular routine of setting up my vinyl and my cutter etc etc. My star of life graphic is about 14.5 wide by lets say 20 inches. well i cut the graphic and it ran off the vinyl. I have cut this design about 50 times already with no changes in it at all. So I chalked it up to the fact maybe my blades starting point was off, i set it up to cut again and same thing happened. hmmm.....now I have wasted approx 2 feet of vinyl. so i check all the settings, make the graphic a little smaller and cut yet again with the same results! Now I'm starting to get pi**ed lol. I finally did what I should have done long before all the wasted vinyl and that was to grab a measureing tape and measure the width of my 15" vinyl and discovered it was in fact 14.5"! I then grabbed all my siser easyweed and measured it and out of 12 rolls, all but 2 were not 15". only 2 rolls were a true 15 inches. I called my supplier and told them my problem, they were really good about it, called me back an hour later and this is what they told me: Siser easyweed is imported from italy in 39 inch rolls, it gets cut here in the us and is rarely a true 15 inches BUT 14.5 is excessive so they are supposed to be replacing the roll i ruined. I'm still not clear on why it is sold as being 15 inches if it is not 15 inches. Doesnt that smack of false advertising?

My supplier is Speciality Graphics ( because of the fast shipping and great customer service) uscutter takes a long time to get to me and thats why I do not order my vinyl from them. Just to clarify I do order from uscutter when I'm not in a hurry for supplies.

I now measure ALL my vinyl and set up my cutter accordingly but it still kind irks me that only a small % of my vinyl is 15 inches wide.

Anyone else have this experience?

Renee

Guest sciondrgn

ive run into that with Eco and Oracal vinyl sometimes to..

Yep, happens quite often actually. It is not just Siser, but many of the other brands are the same way.

I actually went to my local Fellers warehouse and picked up an order one day and asked them about it. The guy there showed me the rolls and they are like really long and they cut them down to the size you need. In order to make it actually work out without wasting an end of the roll, it is actually not cut to 15" exactly.

Weird I know.....

--Cory

Good to know!  I just got my first 4 rolls of siser in the mail, I'll be sure to check this before I go to cut.  Thanks for sharing!