Ive been dealing with this problem for some time now but just getting around to seeing whats wrong. I have the Refine 1351 and bought it almost a year ago. Most of the time it works perfect but when i try to do large jobs weather the actual sign is large or there are alot of cuts it will get almost to the end of buffering the file and then my computer crashes and restarts and stops sending info to the plotter. Im using windows xp and the serial to usb cable as my computer does not have any other ports other than usb and fire wire. Also im using artcut for software. Like i said small jobs are perfect but large ones will restart the computer. Please help me im loosing money.

Thanks Ryan

ArtCut?    :throw:

We discontinued using ArtCut quite some time ago because we cannot get support from them. Have you tried the free trial to SignCut or SignBlazer? Would like to know if it does the same thing with better software.

Yeah im using art cut where do i get the other software. Is there any settings im missing. Its almost like the plotter runs out of memory and shuts the computer off. Like i said its only with large files. Let me know what i can do.

Try the free trial of SignCut www.sc-x2.com

It will accept files in .eps or .ai format, and see if it does the same thing. If not, it could be a problem with the software, but if it does the same thing, then it might be hardware related.