Sign in to follow this  
snowfreak3119

Brand New MH-871 will not set origin

I just got my MH-871 plotter and I did a couple test cuts tonight trying to get all the pressures and settings right. I noticed that if I do not set the origin everytime i cut it does not say in memory. I will set it and it cuts right, but if i do not set it again on the next cut it kicks the vinyl out and then follows through with the cut. Has anyone else had this issue or can anyone give me some advice on what might be wrong?

thanks in advance

I just got my cutter (MH-721) a few weeks ago, so I'm new to the cutter's too.  I believe what you're describing is how it works in that you have to set the origin for each cut.  At least that's how I've been doing it.  For me it works out fine, since I generally feed vinyl in the left side of the cutter, then position the blade to start where I want the cut to begin.

thanks for the reply, and yes that is what i meant. I have to reset the origin every cut I make. It works good as long as i reset it, if not it kicks the vinyl out and them moves onto the cut. Also how loud is yours when cutting. Mine seems to be excessively loud, just didnt know if that is normal or not

Yeah, mine's kicked out the vinyl when I didn't set the origin.  Now it's just become a habit to set the origin and all is well. 

As for noise, I can't even hear mine when it running.  :thumbsup:  Just kidding, it's fairly noisy.  From what I've read it's completely normal.

yeah, its starting to become a habit with me already. What kind of work have you done so far with it? I am doing a job for a local car dealership and they want small 4" by 2" decals for the cars on the lot. I am having some trouble cutting text that small, have you ran into anything like this?

I've cut some pretty small stuff (like 1" tall letters) and some ornament designs that were pretty detailed.  What kind of problems are you having?  You might try slowing the speed of your cutter down.  I think default is 24.  I will frequently slow mine down to 12 or 16 on smaller cuts.

yeah, its starting to become a habit with me already. What kind of work have you done so far with it? I am doing a job for a local car dealership and they want small 4" by 2" decals for the cars on the lot. I am having some trouble cutting text that small, have you ran into anything like this?

I'm thinking of buying the exact same plotterthat you have.  But what interested me in this, is how you landed a car dealership!!  Good job!  Are you a good salesperson?  How in the world did you land that deal?

Also, with your plotter, are you using a mac or pc?  Do you connect using USB or serial?  And what software are you using?