Sign in to follow this  
thizzwear

Doesnt cut

Hooked the LP24 up. Opened SBE and typed "test", then hit cutter, then cut, then cut tile. Nothing.

I've got it connected via Serial. All the cables [power & serial] are attached. The install went smooth. SBE is fairly easy to use, but the stupid thing just wont communicate with the computer. I'm about 5 minutes away from throwing this thing off of the freeway overpass.

When I go to Cutter, then click Setup, the LP is selected as the default and so is "Com1".

When I click Comm settings, it reads:

None

and the "Hardware" radio button is selected.

If anyone would like to help save this machine from it's impending freeway toss, please help soon. Thanks.

Did you check your device manager on the computer and make sure all the settings match also and sometimes playing with the different cutters and such gets it sometimes and when you are in the device manager make sure that it shows which port it is hooked to and make double sure your cutter is online and also make sure you loaded the driver software, that is all I can think of as of now.

Using the Serial cable that came with the unit, and not a 3rd party extended cable? Do you have more than 1 9-pin Serial port on the computer, because it could also be COM2 if so.

Doesn't the LP have a USB connection? Thinking about Com1 and 2 again makes me shudder.