Sign in to follow this  
Guest JogaShop

Thermoflex on 100% Polyester Soccer Jersey

Guest JogaShop

Hey guys i been having problems with this can anyone give some tips

i got heat press the temp at 174 Celsius and pressing for 20 seconds it says rub it on top of the teflon sheet for a sec then peel hot but its no sticking should i preheat the jersey? how long? or do i need to use paper instead of teflon sheet? no sheet at all? should i leave it longer?

or shorter time?

any other tips

and also it seems that my heat press has more pressure at the top part(in front of the time clock) than the part closer to me like its tighter there than the part of the platten in front of me is this normal i just have a knob to adjust but it doesn't have any kind on marks or numbers to set it at an specific pressure

Guest JogaShop

its a "power heat press" 15 x 15 from Ebay it finally sticked but i had to repress it 2 different times

Well, if it was named power pro heat press you might be looking at a good Mighty press made by Stahlz, but I'm guessing you are looking at a standard Chinese no name.  So, doesn't mean it can't work, but you better get yourself a heat gun or something to measure your press temps so you can be sure that it doesn't have cold spots or other problems.

Extra is made for Nylon and Thermoflex Plus is made for Polyester so that shouldn't be the problem.

You could have problems with uneven heating with an ebay press as Renegade says, from what I have read, they are hit-or-miss.  I usually use a few degrees higher than the manufacturer recommends to press.

I have always used a hotronix and a Hix press...with all my presses the average recommended on shirts is 350 degrees, I of course use them at 400.

I've found Thermoflex and EasyWeed both to perform better on my 'cheap' chineeze heat press without teflon. If you feel you must use a barrier, try parchment paper as an alternative. By all means let the press amply preheat to operating temps to equalize temps across the platen.

I just did some 100% polyester Adidas jerseys with thermoflex plus and didn't have any problems. Like the others have said it may be uneven pressure or uneven heat spots on the press.