Zeus

New from South Carolina

good evening everyone. i'll make this quick...

my name is mike. i live in clemson, sc and worked as a graphic designer until i got laid off in feb. i've worked with vinyl in the past and thought now is a great time to start my own stuff. i already have one client that i will be cutting for on a regular basis and hope to add more soon.

i am getting ready to order the 24" laser point with contour cutting. of course i am getting a stand...lol

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-LaserPoint-Vinyl-Cutter-w-CONTOUR-CUTTING-feature_p_70.html

i'm still torn about the starter kits though. i know i need most of the stuff but am not sure of what all to go for. any help on that would be great.

i am looking forward to sharing and learning on this board. thanks for having me!

Welcome, I'm new here too.

You will like it here, everyone is a treasury of information.

New Moon Graphics

I have been looking around the site and like what i see so far. Thanks!

Welcome from Melbourne Australia.  Being a designer, you are probably used to Illustrator, that would a handy start.  Coreldraw and Inkscape, would also be great assets.

i hope that background gives me a great advantage over my competition. i am quite proficient in adobe's catalog of software and am quite fond of illustrator.

i used coreldraw years ago and have never touched inkscape. i imagine illustrator will serve me well but will look at the others as options for expanding my knowledge.

my cutter should be here soon. i cant wait to get started...

My cutter has shipped and will be here Thursday!!!

I cant wait to get started... wish me luck.

So I got my cutter a few weeks ago and got it set up after fumbling thru the instructions for the stand. I searched the forum and finally got it assembled. Anyway, i've cut a few decals so far to get the hang of it and have realized that i just bought a money tree.

in the next week or so i have 2 decal jobs to do. a 1000 run of small stickers that measure 2" x 5" and 200 large decals for a charity event that are the size of my hand. literally, the logo is a life size hand. i know the weeding might get a bit tedious but am looking forward to covering the cost of the equipment i just bought and putting some cash in my pocket.

sorry for the long post but now that i have some clue about everything, i can actively contribute to the forum. i can also offer some vector help as well. i am downloading a ton of them and building some of my own.

looking forward to helping out as much as i can.

-mike

wow! and welcome from memphis, tennessee. i look forward to seeing what u do. ur gonna love this place.

Guest kenya

Hello Zeus, welcome from Florida.