etchworks

New guy

Hi all, new to the forum and have a question about a Creation Kingcut a-24.  I bought the cutter just about 3 years ago and it worked fine on an XP machine with flexi-7.5. About 6 months into cutting vinyl I unplugged the cutter put it to the side of the office and didn't touch it until about 3 weeks ago when I tried to install it onto a new dell running XP.  For some reason the PC will not load the drivers for the cutter. It see the new hardware and asks for the disk etc. but it will not load the driver for some reason and then says your device may not work etc. etc.  In device manager I see the device with the yellow question marks next to it. It is a USB cutter and I have tried to set it up but nothing....well except much frustration and a huge headache. Can anyone here please help me or point me in the right direction.  Thanks in advance.

Welcome from Melbourne, Australia.  The KingCut should have come with both USB & serial cables, if you have a com or serial port, I would try running from the serial port.  Install the driver through the Windows Printer install in Control Panel.

thanks Joe but, I only have usb ports on this tower. do you think a usb to serial cable will work?

It's worth a try.  USB ports cause a few problems at times.

Guest kenya

It's worth a try.  USB ports cause a few problems at times.

+1............. definitely give it a try.

BTW, Welcome from Florida. :D

Joe,

I tried a regular straight serial cable and still nothing, still won't recognize the cutter.