Sign in to follow this  
DandyDave

Hello from Michigan..!

It was so nice to find this site and these forums. :) My name is Dave..( can we say our real names..? LOL..) and the main reason for joining,besides asking for help..lol.., is that I am just starting to learn about all of this.I am in the process of making old vintage gas signs so I thought what better place to start then here..!! I am using images made on transperency paper but that is becoming a SLOW process and using up my valuable time.I was wondering how complicated it is to start making the images out of vinyl? I really cant afford a large machine so I thought maybe using a smaller machine then saving up for something larger.I was hoping some info on a 24 inch machine.Also,how much knowledge do you need to use software for these machines..?I will start with these questions then BUG YA some more with others..!!  :thumbsup:

Welcome from Louisiana.

As far as how much knowledge you need to use the software - you will pick up enough to get started in no time.  The rest is just practice and leartning by doing.  There are lots of good instructional posts - Questions and requests usually get pretty quick responses and the talent and skill level of this group is very high.  I think even the old pros on the list learn something - I know I learn something  new every day. 

-Mike