Sign in to follow this  
thredz

First runs on Copam CP-2500

Here are a couple of pics from the first runs on the Copam CP-2500.It took me less than an hour to put the stand together and set it up.It took me about 6 hours to get the computer and the cutter to communicate.It doesn't have a serial port,only lpt and usb.I tried to get the usb to work,and switched to the lpt port.It would not recognize the cutter,until I installed a generic/text only printer in the windows printers and scanners.After I installed the text printer,signcut recognized it right away and I cut a 7x5 logo on red fdc vinyl. I have installed signcut,because it is the program that is going out with these cutters and I would like to be able to help people when I can.The stand is very heavy duty!I like the alloy bolts!They can take a lot of torque without fear of breaking.And the fine grit rollers work well.You just have to make sure your material is covering a roller,and that you have a pinch roller over the roller.If you don't,it will grab the material and turn it.The optical eye for measuring the material is excellent!I'll be posting more,but for right now,I would have to say that the copam is a very high grade cutter.Thanks Guys!

If you want to see a larger version of these pics go to:

http://thredz.org/copam_cp2500.html

[attachment deleted by admin]

Glad to hear that you like the unit....  I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty setting it up.  I am guessing that that difficulty was related to using Flexi?  Quite resourceful of you to find the windows driver.  I do think that it would be better to be able to cut directly using Flexi's built in drivers.  Using Signcut, I think that your setup (even through USB) is quite straight forward.

- Marcus