Sign in to follow this  
wwpro

Static Cling Decals

Hi there

I'll be getting my Refine next week so everything is on a planning stage yet.

I want to do something like the oil change places put on your windshield, probably same size, so laying vinyl on top of that is not an option.

Just bought some sheets from Papilio, http://www.papilio.com/laser%20clear%20static%20cling.html clear and white just to try, I'll be using my HP 2600n laser color.

Any experience with this kind of project or material ?

I saw on Papilio's website that they can print anything for you there at $0.43 per sheet, which seems reasonable I guess.

Sheets are 8.5x11 so I can fit several on every sheet and each sheet is a little over $1 + printing, less than $1 if you buy 100

Not trying  to abuse of your help, but if you feel like giving a price guideline for this it'd really help.

Thanks & Enjoy the rest of your weekend  :thumbsup:

Can you elaborate on the results or procedure ?

I need them to be placed inside or outside, can be anywhere, on customer houses as a reminder for next service, same thing as the oil changing reminders. Since my other business services very expensive houses they need to be "there" but subtle at the same time.

Did you print those on laser or inkjet ? which vinyl did you use ?

thanks  :thumbsup:

Can you elaborate on the results or procedure ?

I need them to be placed inside or outside, can be anywhere, on customer houses as a reminder for next service, same thing as the oil changing reminders. Since my other business services very expensive houses they need to be "there" but subtle at the same time.

Did you print those on laser or inkjet ? which vinyl did you use ?

thanks  :thumbsup:

THEY CLING INSIDE OF WINDOW.THEY CAME OUT GREAT BUT STILL JUST FOR NOVELTY ITEMS...

I've printed on static cling using my ink jet printer than backed it with 751 vinyl (it's what I had handy). Installed them here and gave the rest to the customer. It's still there, the color hasn't faded. Here's a link to the my original post. It's a little larger than what you're are probably doing. Hope this helps.

Peabody

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,7141.15.html

Maybe it wouldn't be suitable in your case....I use AVERY printable clear mailing labels for just about everything but mailing. While not cling, the adhesive appears willing to give when removing on all but paper.

Thanks for the replies, I just finished installing my Refine, now is learn how to cut something :)

I'll keep you posted on how it goes, just received some blue line static cling from papilio to give it a try.

I see New Milford Photo is running a sale on Image Stixx opaque white 8.5 X 11 @ 49