Sign in to follow this  
switchatvmc

Copam CP-2500 i need help!

Ok, i hooked up and installed everything like the book told me to- i dont have an available parallel port so i am using the serial to usb cord, i dont have a little white cd that says "corel" on it, instead i have a  blue cd that says "usb and firewire product drivers", when i installed the cutter i installed the drivers, so now everything is hooked up. but my computer will not communicate with my cutter, i am guessing i did something wrong with the drivers, i am pretty new at installing something like this

please help!

thanx

Byran

I am sorry that we did not provide detailed instructions on how to setup the Copam vinyl cutter using the USB to serial adapter.  You are probably the first customer to receive your unit, so we haven't had time to compile detailed instructions.  I will give you the rundown:

1.  Connect USB to Serial convertor to computer via USB port and install drivers.

2.  Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware (tab) -> Device Manger (button) -> Ports

Verify the existence of a new COM port (should be COM3 or greater)

3.  Right click on new COM port -> Properties -> Port settings -> Advanced -> Set COM port number (at bottom) to COM3

4.  Press OK on all open windows and close the rest (rebooting here may be beneficial, but shouldn't be necessary)

5.  Plug in cutter to USB serial convertor and use thumb screws to secure contact (this can be done at any time really)

6.  Start Signcut -> Settings (drop-down) -> Cutter

7.  Set Manufacturer to Copam, Cutter to Copam CP-2500, and Device to COM3 -> Ok

You should now be ready to cut.  Note that only the USB to serial convertor requires a driver.  The plotter itself doesn't use a Windows driver, it is controlled directly by Signcut.  I hope this works.  If it does, please keep us updated on how you like the unit.

- Marcus