Sign in to follow this  
midsouthprosigns

Thinking of buying a 50" uscutter

Hello out there. I've been kicking around the idea of starting up my own vinyl buisness. The fifty

inch USplotter looks like it might be a good way to start out till I can move up in the class. Just would

like some feed back from you guys on the quality of the 50". Thanks!

I love my 50" Refine.  I feed it 24" rolls, but it is ready if I ever need to use the big stuff.  I have been very happy with the quality cuts the Refine produces.  I worry that I'm running to much vinyl through it, but it is holding up OK - (better than my cutting PC that lost it's power supply in the middle of cutting 100 2 color decals on Sunday!)  My next cutter will be a 24" Graphtec, and I'll keep the Refine as my backup.  Your cutter will pay for itself in no time at all once you show people what you can do.  :thumbsup:

So how long have you been running your refine and whats your guess on what you have put through it?

I got mine last October and played with it quite a bit doing freebies and what not.  Then, things took off for me a couple months ago, and now I run it most nights and every weekend.  I've run a good number of rolls through it but the amount of vinyl used isn't really a true indicator of how much work the machine is doing.  Decals don't use a lot of vinyl, but really put the machine through its paces.  When you cut a sheet of decals with registration dots for multicolor, smal text and graphics, etc... the machine has to be able to track and consistently reproduce the cuts on multiple sheets of vinyl.  The Refine does that well if you spend the time setting it up correctly for each run.

On the other hand, cutting out a line of text 22" high is going to use a lot of vinyl but the machine is not going to work very hard (think highway driving vs.city traffic.)

Good luck! 

:thumbsup:

Thanks Mike. I usally dont use registration marks for multi color. I have a buddy that is trying to sell a gerber fast track 1300 I used one for years and it was trouble free the whole time just cleaned it and replaced the blades and the cutting track. Only thing is there is no software with it and if I remember right it used gerber(Omega) as the cutting software. And that puppy is just down right to expensive for me to start out. My goal is to keep working my way up to a store front. I ran a FastSigns for years have all the expert knowledge and skills from wraps to trade shows to digital printing. I hope I can offer just as

much help as answers I get from here.