alhjc6

Sandblasted Mug

Our daughter's school's secretary's birthday is Thursday.  They asked each of the kids to bring her a flower.  Here is the flower we will bring her:

IMG_1002.jpg

It was a cheapo mug from Super-Wally for less than $5.  DH blasted it.  We threw a little gold buff-n-rub on it from Michael's and we have a pretty cool personalized present.

Patty

How does the gold leaf going to deal with water and soap ?

Have you tried that before ?

Looks good :thumbsup:

I have not, unfortunately, tried it in soap and water.  But, from what I have read, that stuff shouldn't be put in a dishwasher.  We'll see, I guess.  It looked really cool without the gold stuff, too.  Our local Michael's carried three colors of buff n rub: silver, gold and patina.

Let us know how it goes, since I like the way it looks and I'd like to try it myself.

That is some beautiful work, I sandblast myself. I love to see people venture out to do new things. We started our business from the ground up; purchasing our first cutter from USCutters (Refine 1351) and basic software. Now I use a Copam CP2500 and the Graphtec FC8000-75, Illustrator CS3 and FlexiSign Pro 8.0v. If you have being doing this for a while, it is fun and always exciting. Keep up the good work. Check us out on www.myspace.com/frostedimages ;D

DH blasted it.

Patty

Patty,

NICE!  :thumbsup::) What kind of masking vinyl did you use?

Z

Hey Z!  For glass like that, you can use scraps of whatever you have laying around.  We tried the vinyl scraps on rock...not such a good idea.

We have a roll of regular stencil mask (I assume for painting).  It is a bit thicker than regular vinyl but not as thick as sandblast mask.  DH prefers to use the regular stencil mask over vinyl scraps because the stencil mask seems to pull away from the substrate better when the blasting is over.

I purchased a roll of blastlite sandblast stencil mask from my local sign supplier (before I bought the roll, I had them send a sample out).  You definitely need a 60 degree blade on this stuff.  It takes a while to get the depth set, and you have to cut really slowly, but it works pretty good on my little Refine!

I am completely hooked on the sandblast bit.  I like doing signs.  I LOVE doing blast work.  It is amazing.  I haven't looked at a cup or a mug without thinking about how I could blast it.  I blasted a dozen plastic water bottles for a friend's kids' birthday party.  That was easy money!  I have blasted 69 cent tiles from home depot and gotten $16 for them!  Fun, fun, fun!

Blast away, Z!!!!!!

yea i love sandblasting mirrors glass tile  wine glasses beer mugs  wine bottles you name it im doing it i love it  here is one of mine

post-2473-12986536197718_thumb.jpg

post-2473-12986536206705_thumb.jpg

here is another one a dolphine i added color to it with vinyl on the back i sandblasted it

post-2473-12986536198473_thumb.jpg

post-2473-12986536207245_thumb.jpg

wow i impressed my damn self i am glad i saved and printed every thing that you all have told me how to do  i couldnt figure out how to load pictures so i had to go back into my many millions of printed files i got to learn how to load pictures again thank you allllllllllllllllllllllllll

SORRY THE DATES ON THE PICTURES ARE NOT RIGHT I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE DATE YET HERE IS ANOTHER ONE I DID ALSO

post-2473-12986536198814_thumb.jpg

post-2473-12986536207343_thumb.jpg

DAMN  IM A GENIOUSE NOW I BETTER STOP MY HEAD WILL EXSPLODE NOW THINKING TO MUCH AND IT IS 224 IN MORNING CANT SLEEP THANKS TO YOU ALL

• Like 1

wait a minute i just seen above my name i am a hero member what the hell im no hero you guys are the heros on here  that has helped me and others get where we are at now thank you all thank you all