Sign in to follow this  
stryker1

Laserpoint 24" and SignBlazer 6.0

I was able to purchase Sign Blazer 6.0 from another member on the forum.  When loading the software it asked for the cutter being used.  I did not see an option for the Laserpoint 24"  Which cutter should I select and will I still be able to contour cut?

i have heard of people using the "p-cut ct630" driver successfully with the laserpoint.

bb

in signblazer, click on file in the top left corner. second from the bottom, it should say "cut a print". if it does, you may be able to fake it by using the blade for alignment instead of the laser eye, as the pcut would have no drivers for the alignment using the laser light.

bb

i have version 6.0.21 dated december 2007 what is your? check in (help>about).

bb

you could always download and install the latest trial version. it is fully functional "elements", you will just have a series of registration nags to click through. it would have the drivers for the laserpoint cutters.

bb

I already have the SBE version, but there were some design elements that I wanted to use from the full version.  I might have to load both of them on my computer and just use SBE to cut

I was able to purchase Sign Blazer 6.0 from another member on the forum.  When loading the software it asked for the cutter being used.  I did not see an option for the Laserpoint 24"  Which cutter should I select and will I still be able to contour cut?

is that the pro or hotshots version? did you buy a computer with it already loaded and unlocked?

bb

I already have the SBE version, but there were some design elements that I wanted to use from the full version.  I might have to load both of them on my computer and just use SBE to cut

do your design work in the full version, and export to the later elements version to print and cut.

bb

I have not tried loading both versions on my computer yet.  I actually obtained SB Pro with dongle from another member on the forum that received it with his cutter but has never used it.

I have not tried loading both versions on my computer yet.  I actually obtained SB Pro with dongle from another member on the forum that received it with his cutter but has never used it.

wish i had one of those. or knew someone who could crack the hotshots version we all got with elements.

bb

I was able to cut my designs in SBE that I drew in SB Pro.  What I really am trying to do is contour cut around a vinyl piece that has already been cut, weeded and adhered to another larger piece of vinyl.  I can contour cut per the instructional videos on a printout.  I.e.  I cut a logo that is 9" x 11".  But when I print it out it is only about 3" x 4".  I am terrible at assembling two cut logos.  Either that or I don't have the proper equipment to make it easy.  I have tried using circles as registration marks to assist in the assembly.  I am fine as long as it is a small piece.  My problem is that the logos that I am trying to assemble are 24" x 39".  They never turn out properly and I get frustrated.  So I was thinking, I would try to figure out a way to contour cut around the piece that I already cut while it was adhered to the piece of vinyl.  Am I asking for too much???  I know that I need to purchase clear app tape.  Right now mine is the semi-transparent.  Do I need to make a backlight table so that I can see everything. 

what i usually do for alignment is make a box around my whole design the size of the substrate it is going on (it can be a little wasteful). then i cut that box with every color in the design. when i premask each color, i cut the premask to the box. then all you have to do is align the premask to your substrate. works every time.

bb

Thanks for everyones help.  I am sorry for being so neurotic.  I just did not investigate far enough into what I was trying to do.  I finally found some videos (thanks to the instructional area in this forum) on youtube.com that showed how to assemble multiple color vinyl.  I was trying to make the process way to involved.  I have now made several signs/logos that are multi colored with ease.  I also purchased clear app tape.  Man what a difference that made.  Thanks to everyone that has invested their time and energies to this forum to help us newbies get going.  I think that it is truly a testimate top this group that has no fear of loss of business or revenue to help each other out.  Thanks

we are all in this together. :o

bb