Sign in to follow this  
Dbannon

Work critisizm

I just finished a 4'x8' sign for a business. Before any vinyl was cut, I printed the colors and design for their approval. They loved everything about it, but now that it's done, the owner says he's not sure. Am I responsible, or has anyone ran into this before? I've had a lot of compliments from other people and it's VERY noticable from the highway. He says it's not legible beyond 500 feet away. (it has blue background, orange letters w/ grey outline, and black shadow) Did I add too much? Personally, I think it looks amazing!

he approved it. The chart posted above says 12" letters are readable from 500 feet, but only 120 feet for maximum impact. I think the guy has unreasonable expectations and wants a BILLBOARD at a banner price. I would tell him exactly that. You get what you pay for. If he wants something that does the job of a billb oard, offer to make him a bigger banner and charge him for it.

There will always be customers who don't want to pay for what they really need and banners are not meant to be Billboards.

That being said, I have no idea who picked teh colors, but blue with orange lettering would not be my first choice for something to stand out.

He did pay me for the job, so I can't complain about that. He's an ATV dealer and those are the colors of alot of he deals with (KTM, Polaris, etc). Actually it looks great! The letters are 13" tall. The sign sits next to the highway by a corn field, using a white background would blend in to the scenery. He had the sign done about 10 years ago and it had a white background, unfortunately the time made it to where no one even noticed it. By-George, people notice it now! I think the orange catches peoples eyes before they can even read it, so they're watching to see what it says as they get closer. The owners wife praised me for the great job. Maybe he's just being a picky.

well, if the wife likes it, you are OK...those of us who have been married or who still are know who the boss is. I think the guy just had unreasonable expectations.