Sign in to follow this  
Newby09

NEED HELP????

Hello I am very interested in doing vinyl graphics but I do not know where to start and I was wondering if you guys could give me some help on deciding on what kind of machine I need to do what I want to do and what type of software and materials I need. I am disabled and would like something that I could do as a hobby and to make some money.

Now I am a big coon hunting fan and I am a member of a local club and when we have big events we have to contact a guy in SC to do our banners and decals. I figured with the time I have on my hands I could learn how to do the banners and decals my self and and could save our club alot of money. I also dont have thousands of dollars to spend if there is A machine out there that is not very expensive and will do what I want to do please list them.

Here is what I want to do:

I want to make Vinyl Decals of Coon dogs, Coons, Coon Dogs on the tree with the coon on top of the tree.

I want to be able to make banners for our events and for local hunting supply business

I want to make decals of coons and etc for us hunters to put in the back windows on our truck and dog boxes

Any info on what machine I need and what materials I need I will be really great full and appreciative. I think I have found a software made by sign torch that has coon dogs and coons on it I just dont know what machine and materials I need to get started.

I would also like to do embroidery but I want to take this project on first.

Thank You 

any of the cutters US Cutter sells will do what you want..it all depends on your budget.

You won't have any trouble learning what you need to learn. I managed with no forums and no help at all...so with us to help you, you should do well.

Banners are easy to do if you read the forums and pay attention to the tips.

Thank You . I searched and there are many how do I know which one is right for me I see 15", 25", 34" , 52" and do I need a  cutter or a plotter or one that is a cutter and plotter?

Thank You

a lot of people get by with the 25" but I have a 34" and 25" beacuse I find good deals on 30" vinyl from time to time. If I had to chose only 1...it would be the bigger one. Anything over 36" I can't imagine ever needing.

YOU NEED A PRINTER!!! Anyone that says you're going to do a nice-looking raccoon with a cutter must have a LOT of time on his hands!!  And unless you have a LOT of coons to make decals for, remember that a new printer is gonna sock you $10,000-$12,000 MINIMUM.

Telling you that you can make a photo decal of a coon up a tree, is like telling you that you can make a new set of pistons for your car with a pocket knife!!!!!!!!

Okay thanks , 1 more question do I need a cutter , plotter or cutter and plotter

A cutter, plotter are one in the same. If you want to plot just use the pen attachment. If you want to cut use the blade attachment.