Heather

Bridging letters for cutting stencils

I just got my cutter yesterday.

Can anyone help me figure out how to 'bridge' the letters before cutting using Signblazer software. I am cutting stencils and I need to bridge the letters so the portions don't just fall out. (i.e. in letters O,A,P,B, etc.) I am hoping to cut re-usable stencils from 4 mil mylar. I know this is common for cutting stencils. Can anyone help a newbie??

Thanks, Heather

What is your email. I have a video but it is too big to upload here.

All you should need to do is take the square tool or any tool to draw a path, make a path...bridge the gap and then weld the 2 paths together.  That should get it done.

It does pretty much what Zimmerman says. Here is the link:

thanks. I sent you my e-mail. is this the whole video? let me try it.

Yes, that is the whole thing. It comes out bigger and easier to see on YouTube.

I keep trying it but it is not working. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Everything looks similar as I follow along with the video until the end. Mine just disappears and there is not bridge. It just looks the same as when I started. I will keep trying. YIKES!

Yeah. I did it! I wasn't clicking outside of the original 'select' before I just re-selected my polyline. Now I will just try cutting and see if it works. So do I have to do each letter individually when I cut a stencil? Since I mostly cut lettering it seems quite time consuming. Either way, I am glad I finally figured it out. Thanks so much, you are very helpful!!

Heather