Sign in to follow this  
txbro

SB plot screen issue-help!

this is part of my post asking about flexi vs. SB in another thread, but i think this part should be posted in here:

I got my USC 871 last week, and i have been having a world of heck with SignBlazer. No matter what i do with my .eps files, they wont show up on the "cutter" screen..just on the modify "finish" screen. i have read on here lurking for a few weeks and it seems alot of people are having issues importing .eps files with the SB program.

i run vista, and anything i draw/type in SB shows up and cuts.. but my issue is loading ANY .eps file. I have even vectored files physically in SB, then removed the .BMP image and it STILL won't show up on the plot screen.

is the flexistarter that USC sells any better (user friendly) than this SB program? I have tons of .eps files created from Adobe Illustrator CS3 and it's worthless if SB won't plot them.

all i get that shows up on my plot screen is a tiny blue square with the number 1 in the little box located on the bottom left corner. now if i remove everything from the pink square in the design table, then type generic text in the pink box, it will show up on the plot screen.

help please!

Check the size of the imported graphic, and your work area. If you have a work area setup to say 24 x 60", and import a graphic that is only 1" tall, it's going to be a tiny little box down in the corner. You can click to highlight the vector then click and drag a corner to re-size it to see it, or change your work space size.

Keep in mind, why we use vectors, is their infinitely adjustable size without degradation of the paths that are cut. SO someone can save a vector image as small as they want to save HD space then just inflate it when they get it into the design program.

Good Luck

Kevin

Sounds like you haven't vectorized the image,try that  first . If it's a size problem select everything you want resized then pull out the hadles checking you size o the bottom status bar.