How many different decals etc. would you take to a swap meet - car show??? I have 250 different decal designs I made I was thinking of takeing 10 of each in white & 5 of each in black... if they wanted a different color I'd make it on the spot. I'll also have 40 different signs (12 x 18), 20 license plates and 10 mail boxes.... think that would be enough or should I make more of something???

Thanks for your input....

Larry C

Latitude 42

what kinda car show is it? muscle car, import? specific car maker? def make sure if their is a theme of all the cars that you stock up on something to go along with whatever cars will be there

If you are taking your cutter with you there I would not stock up hundreds of decals you might not sell.

I would do all of them on the spot while they watch.

most people have no idea how these decals are made and it would be entertaining for them to watch them be made.

All the action of the cutter and weeding should help draw a crowd to see whats going on hence more sales.

Seeing you are doing them as they are doing ordered you can add a name or something to each decal (for a extra $1)

In other words make your stand stand out make it an event not just a place to buy something

How many different decals etc. would you take to a swap meet - car show??? I have 250 different decal designs I made I was thinking of takeing 10 of each in white & 5 of each in black... if they wanted a different color I'd make it on the spot. I'll also have 40 different signs (12 x 18), 20 license plates and 10 mail boxes.... think that would be enough or should I make more of something???

Thanks for your input....

Larry C

Latitude 42

Where might this car show/Swap meet be .....? Just curious?

I am doing a similar show soon and am considering taking my cutter as well.  People are always fascinated when they see it work and i figure it will draw a good crowd.

However, I am worried about being rushed, and getting backlogged with changing colors, designs, etc.  I may still take it and run it just for a crowd draw, but I don't think I will be cutting each decal individually..  To me, it's not worth the custom design and setup time (albeit small) for an extra buck.

I'm taking my cutter mainly for magnetic signs...I'll run a special, 2 signs, 4 lines and one graphic, one color $50.00... I bought a 50' roll of 24" magnetic to take along.

Larry C

we take our cutter and vinyl to the local swap meet on weekends and some weekends we do craft shows and fairs locally. i charge $5.00 for a 6" decal and $10.00 for 12" decal, i charge $45.00 for a set of magnetic signs 12 X 24, and i do custom lettering on the spot for different prices depending on letter size.

as far as taking too long to switch designs or vinyl, it only takes a second to switch rolls and bring up the next file in flexi, size it and cut. the most we have made in one day is $500.00 at an all day event, 8 hrs, at the swap meet where everyone is gone by noon i usually make $200.00 a day, granted im really busy and dont have hardly any time to even look up but for four or five hours the pay isnt too bad. i just have them pre pay and come back in 20 minutes to get the decal.

oh and i sell street signs too, thats a good one for swap meets, buy them for $2.80 and sell for $15.00.

i also have the wife weeding the decals and when i get cought up i jump in and help.

last year we had about 400 graphics, this year we have around 2000.

Jefferson Wi.

Larry C

That's where I'll be! I live 3 block from the grounds....Shoppn for stang goodies!

we take our cutter and vinyl to the local swap meet on weekends and some weekends we do craft shows and fairs locally. i charge $5.00 for a 6" decal and $10.00 for 12" decal, i charge $45.00 for a set of magnetic signs 12 X 24, and i do custom lettering on the spot for different prices depending on letter size.

I'm guessing you sell mainly white decals... I was going to stock mostly white with just a couple of black in each image. I'm guessing white because they show up on rear windows...

How may colors do you bring to each show, I was going to bring only six so it would not be a major decision for people.

Thanks much

Larry C

I'm guessing you sell mainly white decals... I was going to stock mostly white with just a couple of black in each image. I'm guessing white because they show up on rear windows...

How may colors do you bring to each show, I was going to bring only six so it would not be a major decision for people.

Thanks much

Larry C

Bringing a limited color selection sounds like a good idea.  I am thinking about bringing about 6-8 as well, including either a brushed metal or chrome vinyl and upsell the sh*t out of it...

White I'm sure is going to be the biggest seller.

Do you take credit cards at the shows??? if so who do you use as a merchant account?

Thanks

Larry C

This will be my first, but I am planning on taking credit cards.  I don't have any specific names right now, but I am looking at those that allow you to enter in the card number and such into a website.  I don't think I am going to mess with a card machine yet.

Do you take credit cards at the shows??? if so who do you use as a merchant account?

Thanks

Larry C

Cash only, no checks and no credit cards. well, i do take checks for half down on banners and balance on delivery. i sold a 3 X 8 banner two lines of 12" letters for $195.00 at a show and  a 2 X 8 for $145.00

as far as color, white by far the best one followed by black, then silver, and red.

when i go  i take red, black, silver, yellow, green, blue, pink, and the white.

Klattin3, where do you get the street signs for 2.50 and how are they installed? do people have to buy thier own poles? Sandy

my boyfriend used to be in a car club so we would go to shows EVERY weekend.. i always used to love it because i would always get all the decals for everybody.  So, be sure to have something for ladies too! lol and i dont know if you would be interested in this but one time i went to one and a guy had a plexi glass and had printed a huge rear window decal and he got major business from that.  he just handed out his business card and told us to get up with him, Our entire club got their logo decals printed from him.  He made major money from that!

How was busn in the RAIN today? It's going to be just as bad Sun.....MAN I HATE WIS WEATHER!