Sign in to follow this  
capross

Signblazer cutter window won't see image

Hi,

I have an mh721, and other than the fact that I suck at making vectors, it works great.  Here's my problem with premade images..

Just today, I downloaded two images in .eps format from two websites that I have successfully used before.  So, both images have at least two "layers"(I can delete seperate portions of the image, is that called a layer?).

Now, when I import into signblazer, I can see the images just fine.  But when I click on "cutter", and go to the cutter window, I can't see the images. I tried to cut anyway, and all I get is a border outline cut without the image.

I tired saving both files a few different ways through CS3.  I tried saving as illustrator 8 and 3 as suggested somewhere else in the forum, but it didn't help.

I can't figure out why I can see the image in the first window but not when it's ready to cut...  Please help?

Are they inside of your workspace? (pink box) If not they will not show up in the cutter window.

Yeah, they are in the pink box, on both the preview window and the cutter window.  I still haven;t figured it out..  Sigh.

It opend Up for me and shows in the cutter window. Try this SignBlazer file.

Are you selecting the Black color to cut in the left side panel. It should have a yellow arrow with no red X next to it.

rhcp.SBD

The reason you're getting a border outline cut is because white is selected to cut instead of black.  The graphic has a white box around it.  When you import a file you should look at it in wireframe view (CTRL + F) to see if there is any issues with the file.  You can either select the black color to cut as Jay said or you can ungroup the graphic and delete the white box.  The cutting window will then default to the black color.