Sign in to follow this  
SEA_TEC

Why Can't I cut this image ???????????

Hi! I can't open your file - no ai.  But your problem sounds like the same thing I just got worked out. My 721 would only cut small files - a line or two, then freeze up. froze up on pc screen and cutter quit.

Are you using usb?  After talking to ken and a local computer guy, we decided the usb was the problem.  bought and installed a serial card (port) in my pc and suddenly everything works perfectly!  I just cut a whole 14" x 52" sign in one setting without a hitch. Couldn't even consider that before.

Apparently even tho they put a usb port on the machines and say they'll work that way, they often don't. If you're using usb, Switch to serial and enjoy life again.

I think it is a safe bet that using the USB is causing problems for some folks - I keep seeing posts about strange behavior of the cutter going wild - and stalling - and locking up.  Common factor seems to be the USB -- I got a cheap computer dedicated to the cutter - it has worked out very well for me.  I would recommend this approach if the USB turns out to be your problem

-Mike